What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
12th April Surge - daveyK_UK
I am informed my local Nissan dealer has been busy since 9am with customers queuing to order new cars!
Did people not realise the car dealers where open throughout lockdown?
12th April Surge - skidpan
I am informed my local Nissan dealer has been busy since 9am with customers queuing to order new cars! Did people not realise the car dealers where open throughout lockdown?

Probably but would you spend that amount of money without driving one first?

12th April Surge - brum

I would have ordered three, but the queue was too long, decided to go to the pub instead, the queue was even longer, no joy at the barbers either so went back home and had a cup of tea.

(Not really)

12th April Surge - Engineer Andy

I would have ordered three, but the queue was too long, decided to go to the pub instead, the queue was even longer, no joy at the barbers either so went back home and had a cup of tea.

(Not really)

Apparently some people were so desperate for an over-priced pint that they waited until midnight on Sunday to get one from their local!

I am informed my local Nissan dealer has been busy since 9am with customers queuing to order new cars! Did people not realise the car dealers where open throughout lockdown?

I wasn't aware that Nissans were that popular these days! Probably a lot of very unsatisfied customers to come with the next year then.

12th April Surge - Terry W

Two polarised groups emerge from the Covid year.

• Those who have struggled financially and are concerned for jobs etc
  • Those who have saved lots of money over the last year as they have been unable to spend it.

The latter group just want a quick way to spend a chunk and put a new number plate on the drive. It is not even as though they will have driven their current motor many miles in the last year.

12th April Surge - Xileno

I fall into the second category, although perhaps saved 'some' money rather than 'lots'. My employment has not changed and I've not had to do any commuting at all, whereas I used to go into the office three days a week. I know plenty of people who fall into the first category. I don't feel like rushing out and spending what I've saved though - I can smell inflation and higher taxes around the corner.

I fall into the second category, although perhaps saved 'some' money rather than 'lots'. My employment has not changed and I've not had to do any commuting at all, whereas I used to go into the office three days a week. I know plenty of people who fall into the first category. I don't feel like rushing out and spending what I've saved though - I can smell inflation and higher taxes around the corner.

Yep, and a LOT of both.

12th April Surge - mcb100
I’ve spent the past three months telling customers that showrooms were closed, and hearing all sorts of reasons why the restrictions didn’t apply to them.
Today has been a busy, and refreshing, change with lots asking if dealerships were now open and could they, please, book a test drive.
If anyone is tempted to go car hunting, please ring ahead and make an appointment. Dealers are still having to limit numbers in showrooms and ensure cars are cleaned every time someone has sat in them.
12th April Surge - Stackman II

My son-in-law works for a Land Rover dealer. He has been going in to work all through lock down and says he has had one of his best new-registration months of March.

I understand he has been taking cars out to customers, sanitising the cars and letting them test drive.

People have been ordering cars all through the lock down.

Many of the orders have been corporate or repeat business so customers know what they are going to get.

Business has been brisk. The sort of people who order high-end Land Rovers don't appear to have had their earnings curtailed by the pandemic.

12th April Surge - movilogo

Those who have saved lots of money over the last year as they have been unable to spend it.

Whoever did not lose job or not experienced income going down, are in same bucket.

I have saved some money which would have otherwise been spent on holidays. Wanted to spend that money buying a camper van/motorhome but wife said NO :(

Edited by movilogo on 13/04/2021 at 12:51