What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Jazz - Honda Jazz SRS light - stubbornly refuses to clear - VengaPete

Anyone able to suggest what might be causing a persistent SRS AIrbag light on a Honda Jazz 2007 (my daughters car).

The code has been read and is a left front (Passenger side) SRS sensor which I have had changed but it hasn't helped. Testing the old one gives a 1.5 ohm (1.457ohm to be precise) measurement which reading a few forums appears to be correct and suggests the fault isn't the sensor(which should give a dead short when triggered).

I'm guessing this is a wiring fault (open circuit presumably) but can't figure out how it can "just happen" as the wires seem to be wrapped and not obviously damaged from the small amount of loom that I can see. Admittedly not had a good poke about as yet as not had time.

I've found a site that seems to say the wiring has only one connector between the sensor and the SRS control box here:-
www.hondafitjazz.com/manual/A00/HTML/K4/SAA2EK4H46...L

(you have to zoom it to see the relevant connectors and sensors)
The left front sensor shows as being a red / black pair of wires.

Basically just looking for ideas / if anyone has seen this on a 2007 Jazz before and knows what might be a weak spot / weak connector etc . I don't really want to start poke and hoping with SRS system as I don't want airbags firing when they shouldn't. Also from what I have found so far the SRS unit is under the centre floor console which isn't especially easy to remove so trying to eliminate any obvious easy wins before ripping the car apart.

Typically MOT is due in the next couple of weeks and while I'm not averse to paying someone to "fix" it, equally if all they are going to do is also poke and hope then I'm not going to be happy, especially having already shelled out for a sensor which hasn't solved it.

Honda Jazz - Honda Jazz SRS light - stubbornly refuses to clear - elekie&a/c doctor
Depends what diagnostic tester has been used . Non Honda test kit very often identifies the wrong side . So it could be a fault on the driver side .