What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
motorpoint - dave
i was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this company, be it good or bad. also are the prices qouted on their web page o.t.r, inclusive of v.a.t, etc..

cheers
Re: motorpoint - Andy Bairsto
For comparison prices try www.eu-autohandel.de and you will see what a rip of the uk is.Also www.autosupermarkethess.de
Re: motorpoint - Andy Bairsto
sorry that should be www.autosupermarkthess.de
Re: motorpoint - Alvin Booth
Dave,
I bought a DTi Vectra from them in April 1998 from Motorpoint in Derby.
I found them very good and efficient.
Because their prices are so competitive in many cases thousands below dealer prices for new cars you must expect bottom book price if you intend to trade your own car in and it would be more cost effective perhaps to sell your own car privately.
When you have done the deal you are given a time to collect the vehicle.
It is an assembly line process when you do so as there are so many people there at the same time with a time to collect.
You are called into the office at your time and all the documentation and keys etc are waiting on the desk.
You pays your money and it is all handed over to you and you are led out to your vehicle which has been prepared very well. You drive away and thats it.
Because they are usually still under makers warranty you will not be going back to Motorpoint for any problems but directly to the main dealer.
The prices do include VAT.
The fuel tank is virtually empty and so was my mates who bought one.
Perhaps they drain it out???
However there is a petrol station opposite so no problem.
regards,

Alvin
Re: motorpoint - Bob Harris
You pay the VED and an indemnity fee and, if new, for 1st Reg Fee and No plates - about £200 on top of price in paper/on website.

They seem to have a 'standard' advert in paper and don't update their stock list on the web often. Thus some of the cars they advertise are not available.
Re: motorpoint - Dave Etchells
Dave,

I have just taken delivery of a 2001 Mondeo at what I think is a bargain price - for now that is! Cheaper even than Trade Sales in Slough. I must echo the comments above about how they neglect to update web price lists and newspaper ads. I got mine when it was advertised at a price that, as ever is usually none existent when you actually make the effort to visit. I did this by emailing them stating that I would buy the car as advertised unseen. Pretty safe considering I had already had a test drive and it was sold as brand new.

I got was considered middle book price for my trade in. I have to say I was offered £500 more by Fords of Winsford for a similar Mondeo that was £1200 dearer. So all in all I am £700 to the good on the deal.

The comments made by Alvin above are exactly as it is. Very matter of fact, all done and dusted in a matter of minutes and you are left to drive away on fumes. I got mine from Burnley and there is a petrol station about 500yds away, I am sure the proprietor is currently a very happy man.

A few words of caution though, check the car for damaged body work. Mine had a slight ding in the rear bumper. Motorpoint have said they will repair it but I am not so sure a guy in a van, on my drive, in the rain is the ideal method to ensure a lasting repair. I am having to request they let me place the car in the local Ford dealer and I am not confident they will be obliging. Watch out for an update this week.

All in all though, why give a main dealer all your hard earned cash when there are massive savings to be made?

Try it.
Re: motorpoint - Phil Goodacre
Dave, who do you think the Ford dealers will get in to do your dent?
The good SMART repairers will make a 100% perfect job of your dent, so long as the paint is undamaged. Give Dents Plus a ring (0800 975 4434, a mention of my name, Phil Goodacre of Autorenew, would be appreciated) and I can vouch for the quality of their repairs. We use them all the time, including dents on our own cars. Best repair for us, to date, was the removal of a dome on the lid of a Porsche Boxster. Dealer said new bonnet, we said no problem. Client is delighted and having seen the result I am not surprised. No sign of the original damage and all done from the painted side of the panel. Go for it.