What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Oil change at Kwik-Fit - Roger Jones
Just replenished my Golf VR6 with Mobil 1 at Kwik-Fit: 5.5 litres for £34.00 (excluding filter, which I supplied). Still cheaper than DIY and, given the stubborn canister, etc., far more convenient.
Oil change at Kwik-Fit - Wally Zebon
I had a similar deal (£36 I think) at my local Halfords/AA centre recently. But then again, a friend works behind the counter, so I might have had a good deal.
All the same, it was done 20 minutes after driving it into the garage. I didn't even have time for a walk up the street!

Oil change at Kwik-Fit - BB
That deal must have been going on for about a year! I had my golf VR6 done last year for thirty something quid.

Cheaper than doing it yourself. I will go and get it done again.
Oil change at Kwik-Fit - smokie
It's been discussed here before. Their filters are Coopers, which apparently are OK
Oil change at Kwik-Fit - Roger Jones
It may have been me who posted on this topic before, but I did so again because there have been plenty of newcomers to the board since then and, when I find something good, I like to share it with others.
Oil change at Kwik-Fit - Wee Willie Winkie
If anyone is interested, I've discovered a Kwik Fit type place in Chester that charges £27.99 for oil and filter change using Castrol Magnatec, for up to 5 litres.

I think this is pretty reasonable...
Oil change at Kwik-Fit - blank
Roger:

I for one am grateful for that, but it appears that some hereabouts expect anyone posting a helpful or interesting topic to check to see if it has been mentioned in passing 2 years ago adn to refrain from posting if it was.

(This is not meant as a personal attack on Smokie, who is clearly making a useful contribution to the thread, as he does to many others.)

Andy
I agree with you Andy. It's also useful for relatively new BR members.

I've just got back from an oil and filter change - at a Peugeot Express Fit. Cost? - £30 all in for a genuine filter and the necessary amount of Esso semi synthetic oil. Bargain.
Oil change at Kwik-Fit - mark999
VW quoted me £93 for an oil and filter change on my Caravelle
using their Quantum semi-synthetic oil.

I bought the Quantum synthetic oil for £21 (the semi would only have been £9.98) and a genuine filter for £10.50.

My local garage quoted me £10 for the labour.
Oil change at Kwik-Fit vs others - eMBe {P}
The advantage of the Kwik-Fit oil/filter offers
( www.kwik-fit.co.uk and click on offers)
is that they do NOT place a limit on the engine size, and they use Mobil oils to suit your car - up to including Mobil1 "fully" synthetic.

I believe National charge from £10 to £15, and go up to Duckhams Semi-synth, and limit engines to 2300cc or max 5 litres.
www.national.co.uk/main/offers.asp?offer=specials%...p
Oil change at Kwik-Fit - Drew20
yes for VAG its always worth getting an OE oil filter as this has a valve which prevents the oil running back out of the head to the sump which helps protect your hydaulic tappets
Oil change at Kwik-Fit - MS
I\'ve just got back from an oil and filter change -
at a Peugeot Express Fit. Cost? - £30 all in
for a genuine filter and the necessary amount of Esso semi
synthetic oil. Bargain.

I haven\'t heard of Peugeot Express Fit :-(

Peugeot in Bournemouth quoted £85 for an oil and filter change.
MS,

Have you paid that? If not, ring them up and ask if they have an Express Fit - it's Peugeot's equivalent of a Kwik-Fit.

Both my Pug dealer in Chester, and the one in my home town have one attached to their showroom...
Oil change at Kwik-Fit - David Lacey
I don't know how they can keep straight faces when quoting that much money for simple, menial maintenence tasks!

Long live the fast-fits! (Never thought I'd ever say that!)
Oil change at Kwik-Fit - MS
Have you paid that? If not, ring them up and
ask if they have an Express Fit - it\'s Peugeot\'s equivalent
of a Kwik-Fit.

No, I certainly haven\'t paid that much!

Just looked on the Peugeot website, the Bournemouth dealer does not have Express fit, but the Poole dealer does.