What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Any - Samthefootball, sam33 Sam returns etc - dan86

Attention to Avant

Is there anyway he can be ip blocked to stop accessing this site as he's either a troal or has serious mental health issues. I'm going to assume the later as its always the same nothing new. This isn't the place to gey help all ut does is winde up the regular members. The fact that he shows great resentment towards others that have what he doesn't but feels everyone else should suffer for his misfortune in life isn't healthy for him or others on here.

Any - Samthefootball, sam33 Sam returns etc - skidpan

Don't think this site has the software to do that but surely serial trolls have the kit themselves to circumvent such actions.

In reality it appears that Sam is not bothered about being identified since all the posts are the same and all his usernames begin with "sam".

Any - Samthefootball, sam33 Sam returns etc - _

Perhaps Everyone, yes, Everyone can IGNORE him?

I do not reply to his posts and I respectfully suggest that nobody does.

I now have other friends who are very ill with "the bug" and have no wish to see anyone else with it. We have a few nurses and medics in my wifes family and mine, and they don't need this sort of abuse.

Any - Samthefootball, sam33 Sam returns etc - Doc

Perhaps Everyone, yes, Everyone can IGNORE him?

I do not reply to his posts and I respectfully suggest that nobody does.

Excellent idea!

Any - Samthefootball, sam33 Sam returns etc - FP

When Sam reappeared a few weeks back I warned people not to interact with him, pointing out that it would be a re-run of previous events and would all end in tears.

Sam does indeed have mental health issues - that we know. We also know he is unable to take on board any advice and that a forum such as this cannot help him.

Unfortunately my advice was ignored.

Any - Samthefootball, sam33 Sam returns etc - Chris M

+1

Any - Samthefootball, sam33 Sam returns etc - paul 1963

+2

Any - Samthefootball, sam33 Sam returns etc - Avant

Agreed. We don't have the facility to stop him coming back with a new address, but if he does it won't take me a moment to delete his threads.

It's a normal decent human reaction to want to help someone with mental health problems: but we have suggested on previous occasions that he should seek help. The priority now has to be to prevent sentiments like 'let old people die' from appearing on a public forum.

Although you can't stop someone coming back with a new username/email address, Is it not possible to completely erase a thread so that it does not appear?

Any - Samthefootball, sam33 Sam returns etc - focussed

Does this forum's software have the ability to exclude posts from a particular IP address? I guess that this Sam character doesn't have the facility to keep changing his IP address like running a VPN or similar.

No we don't have that ability unfortunately. But yes, I can and will delete any further threads from him on the same subject. It only takes a moment.

Any - Samthefootball, sam33 Sam returns etc - Sofa Spud

One thing about this Sam person, if they're really hoping to learn to drive . . .

Given the attitude they show towards other people, should they really be learning to drive at all?

Any - Samthefootball, sam33 Sam returns etc - FP

Please don't let us get into further discussion like this, SS.

Sam has big problems. Despite what I wrote earlier, I'm not unsympathetic, but I am a realist.

We cannot help him and an internet forum will contribute nothing to his mental well-being. If he reads comments which are negative, I'm sure you can imagine the result. It is just not kind.

Edited by FP on 05/01/2021 at 13:00

So, Please, Avant, close the thread, and please, in future nobody reply to him.

Simples

Done as requested.