What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Any - Festive warning ! - _

With Christnas just around the corner, Please be careful on the roads.

Men will be drinking and their wives/girlfriends will be driving.

Any - Festive warning ! - sammy1

I wonder who will be the first to say "you can't say things like that" oops its me!! Well here in Wales it doesn't matter, we were given 7hours notice of lockdown so can't drive anywhere in any case. Merry xmas.

Any - Festive warning ! - Cris_on_the_gas

Should be a reduction in killed and seriously injured crashes then. Generally when women crash cars they damage them, when men crash cars they kill or seriously injure people.

Any - Festive warning ! - Bolt

During lock down its difficult to tell whos drunk and just terrible drivers with some, the stupid things people do begars belief

Any - Festive warning ! - Smileyman

With pubs closed and no Xmas parties this year there should be fewer drunk drivers on the roads, indeed with lockdowns fewer cars too!

Any - Festive warning ! - drd63

All the better for us cyclists!

Cyclists are gradually being given most of the road space so there is no reason for close calls with cars anymore, London is going overboard with Cycle lanes now including local councils making side roads traffic free (except local traffic)

Certainly making pollution worse which they appear to be going out there way to make worse?????

Happy Christmas all:-)

Any - Festive warning ! - dan86

Cyclists are gradually being given most of the road space so there is no reason for close calls with cars anymore, London is going overboard with Cycle lanes now including local councils making side roads traffic free (except local traffic)

Certainly making pollution worse which they appear to be going out there way to make worse?????

You should see what they've dome in Greenwich it's a mess with the extra wide cycle lanes that no one uses. If an accident were to happen along Woolwich Road or Trafalgar Road the emergency services wouldn't be able to get through as the traffic is at standstill most of the time and no where for anyone to go to let them past.

I'm not against cycle lanes but a bit more thought is needed when deciding where and how to put them

You should see what they've dome in Greenwich it's a mess with the extra wide cycle lanes that no one uses. If an accident were to happen along Woolwich Road or Trafalgar Road the emergency services wouldn't be able to get through as the traffic is at standstill most of the time and no where for anyone to go to let them past.

I'm not against cycle lanes but a bit more thought is needed when deciding where and how to put them

TBH I have always hated driving in and around that area (not that I have for 10 years or so) parking was a pain even with a van as the parking people were always appearing from nowhere and making it very difficult to do your job.

Cyclists pretty much have free reign now in most places, though some and only some still seem intent on causing problems for motorists, sudden moves across the front of a car and other daft moves they really didn`t need to make, electric mini scooters are gradually taking cyclists places or adding to the problems probably both

I have doubts anything will be done as TFL seem determined to keep bad air London, Kahn isn`t going to shift unfortunately, I think he likes the exhaust smells//..

Any - Festive warning ! - Sofa Spud

Think P4 you post! Your aunties might read this and they must be at least 90 and 110 by now.

Edited by Sofa Spud on 22/12/2020 at 11:03

Any - Festive warning ! - drd63

Dan86 - couldn’t agree more that more thought needs to go into cycle lanes. The daft thing is that some councils/authorities seem to view them as a tick box exercise. The result is that space is taken from cars to provide badly designed cycle lanes that cyclists won’t use. No one benefits.

Any - Festive warning ! - 72 dudes

Think P4 you post! Your aunties might read this and they must be at least 90 and 110 by now.

Oh very good Sofa Spud, not sure how many got it.

Wasn't there a middle Auntie, a special one who didn't like manual work, she must be 105 by now.

Any - Festive warning ! - SLO76

With Christnas just around the corner, Please be careful on the roads.

Men will be drinking and their wives/girlfriends will be driving.

Must know my wife, she is genuinely terrifying behind the wheel. Overconfident and now with 215bhp at her disposal.
Any - Festive warning ! - Avant

For the sake of peace on earth etc, let us hope that Mrs SLO 76 (FAST 77?) doesn't look at this forum.

Any - Festive warning ! - Andrew-T

For the sake of peace on earth etc, let us hope that Mrs SLO 76 (FAST 77?) doesn't look at this forum.

Was SLO always attracted to FAST women ?

Mrs SLO 76 (FAST 77?) doesn't look at this forum.

I doubt She is anywhere near as bad as my SIL, she often gets hooted for going over mini roundabouts without slowing down.

she always asks what the speed limit is and wont look at the speedo because too afraid to take her eyes off the road, amongst other things, no one will be a passenger in her car due to her bad driving, worst of all she badly cuts corners off

Any - Festive warning ! - Engineer Andy

Was SLO always attracted to FAST women ?

SLO + FAST = Middling?

Any - Festive warning ! - FoxyJukebox

Certainly on xmas day with the shops shut, nobody in Tier4 allowed to travel or see anyone, then the only reason to drive is an emergency......so....anyone on the road will stick out like a sore thumb?