Hyundai Matrix - Your views - Steveieb

Just noticed what an attractive small suv the Matrix is.

Designed by Giugario ? Spelling and Hyundai reliability .Even in diesel format

So what could be better ?

Or not ?

Hyundai Matrix - Your views - _

Fragile gearbox?

Hyundai Matrix - Your views - badbusdriver

Hmm, matter of opinion surely?!.

I have looked at them in the past with bangernomics in mind, and while i don't mind an ugly car (IMO) if it has some attributes, the Hyundai just doesn't have enough. For the money you'd pay for a Matrix (unless very cheap), you could get a Ford Fusion or C-Max, a Nissan Note, or various other better cars.

Also, the diesel is apparently horrible, a very noisy and wheezy 1.5 3 cyl (not sure about reliability), so unless doing high miles, i'd definately swerve that. If i had to get one, i'd go for the 1.6 or 1.8 auto.

Hyundai Matrix - Your views - SLO76

Designed by Giugario ? Spelling and Hyundai reliability .Even in diesel format

So what could be better ?

Or not ?

Sarcasm surely?
Hyundai Matrix - Your views - Steveieb
Can you expand on that SLO ?
Hyundai Matrix - Your views - Avant

Isn't the Matrix that one where the man designing the rear end didn't meet the rest of the team until far too late in the process (as with the Citroen C2)?

But of course looks - of cars as much as people - are a personal thing. I personally think that both the Range Rover Evoque and Volvo XC40 are plug-ugly - but thousands of buyers wouldn't agree with me.

Hyundai Matrix - Your views - badbusdriver

Isn't the Matrix that one where the man designing the rear end didn't meet the rest of the team until far too late in the process (as with the Citroen C2)?

More that the man designing the front and the rear, didn't meet the man doing the middle Avant ;-)

petrolblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Hyundai-...g

I do spend a bit of time mulling over what i'd go for were we to ditch the Motability car and get something cheap and used instead. Something a bit taller that a standard hatch, automatic, not too wide, and (generally) reliable. So the Matrix has certainly been looked at, but as i said earlier there are many other cars which i'd go for over the Matrix for various reasons (and not just its 'unusual' looks!).

Hyundai Matrix - Your views - tourantass
Have a look at a Kia soul. higher seating position, smooth auto, we average around 40-45 mpg from the diesel engine... a very practical choice, you will be surprised at the internal space.
Hyundai Matrix - Your views - daveyK_UK
Avoid the petrol manual unless you like paying out for gearboxes

Avoid the petrol auto unless you like 20mpg

The 1.5 diesel was ok