What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus 2012 - Exhaust Help - Phil7728

Hi, I had a whole new exhaust fitted yesterday with Kwik Fit (including cat). I started the car this morning and for the first 10-20 seconds the exhaust is making a rumbling noise on start up and for the first few revs. Best way I can describe the noise is like a boy racer exhaust. I work as a community carer so the car is stop start all morning and it was making this noise for the first few hours until eventually going away. However having been idle for a few house this afternoon I went to start it up and it made the noise again. Is this normal? Any help would be appreciated. I did take it back to kwik fit after work and they could find nothing wrong, although they didn't hear the noise I'm describing as by that time it had stopped. Thanks

Ford Focus 2012 - Exhaust Help - elekie&a/c doctor
First question, why does an 8 year old Focus need a complete exhaust including cat? My 17 year old Focus is on its original system . I fear the system that has been fitted is very inferior to the original . Cheaper materials with less sound absorption. It may improve with use , if you are lucky .
Ford Focus 2012 - Exhaust Help - gordonbennet

When cold the exhaust is possibly touching a part of the body or suspension, soon as it warms the metal expands a little so moves far enough to stop vibrating...or there's a bad joint, which again expands and stops the noise.

You'll either have to leave it with them long enough to cool down, or pinpoint the source yourself so you can show them.