What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
VW Passat 1.9 TD - scruffythedog118
hi to everyone,
Have just recently purchased (tues just gone) a
VW Passat 1.9 TD S TDI 115 bhp Automatic Tiptronic (W reg) can anyone shed some light on these cars as to its good or bad points that I should be on the lookout for....

You maybe aware from one of my previous posts that we had a Omega 2.5 TD auto and a petrol laguna auto, but the Missus just could not get on with the omega, so we sold both cars, as I wanted an Auto/Diesel and my wish has come true. Its also got a tiptronic box, Im well chuffed!
VW Passat 1.9 TD - glowplug
Have a look at this web site, I found it interesting despite not owning a VW.

www.tdiclub.com/

Steve.
VW Passat 1.9 TD - JohnM{P}
Bushes on front suspension arms go, (2 arms per side), causing knocking - mine went between 100k-120k.
Air mass flow meters go, causing gradual loss of power (when a BT van overtakes you uphill you suddenly realise it needs changing...)

Millions of previous postings about oil for the PD engine...

Good trick:
on VW/Audis (at least from '87 Jetta onwards!), inside the fuel
filler neck is a protruding mushroom/button. Having filled the tank to 'nozzle click-off', if you then push this button with the end of the nozzle, it vents the tank and you can put several more litres in to brim the tank (approx 10 litres in the case of the current Passat). HOWEVER, NB, this takes up the expansion space so don't drive round the corner and park in the sun. I do it when I know I'll be continuing a journey and never had any overflow problems (although brimming a petrol (PERV?) Sierra caused it to piddle before I returned from paying the cashier!) - this gave a range of over 600 miles easily on my 110bhp TDi.
VW Passat 1.9 TD - scruffythedog118
Thanks for the info lads. Will be looking at the TDI forum tomorrow.

Cheers