What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Any - M6 Toll - nick62

Operators have increased the cost again.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-48606017

At £11.80 a pop for my van I won't be troubling them anytime soon with my business.

Why are the bosses of this set-up so dim (or apparently dim)? If they made it reasonable to use I'm sure their overall income would increase, as the M6 in that area is still an absolute nightmare? Maybe they are just trying to get HM Gov to buy them out?

It is high time it was free. But when over 75's lose their TV licence, there's not much chance of that with this lot in charge.

Edited by nick62 on 12/06/2019 at 11:25

Any - M6 Toll - pyruse

So long as the M6 is a nightmare they can increase the toll and people will still pay it.

Any - M6 Toll - craig-pd130

The consortium that has owned it since 2017 is bumping up the toll to try and increase the road's profitability. There's still 50 years to go on the exclusive license to run it, so they'll keep squeezing drivers and fleet operators.

It should be nationalised and the tolls reduced. Perhaps the colossal economic dividends that the country will reap when we are finally freed from the shackles of the EU, and able to determine our own destiny, will enable it to be nationalised.

Any - M6 Toll - nick62

Craig, do you honestly believe we have to leave the EU to nationalise the M6 Toll?

And I wonder why some people think the sun shines out of BJ's behind!

Any - M6 Toll - dan86

Craig, do you honestly believe we have to leave the EU to nationalise the M6 Toll?

Of the compleet circus that is British politics Boris Johnson has got to be the biggest clown and he gets away with because everyone just laughs and says it's only boris Johnson. Theirs a real danger he could become the ringleader to the circus

Any - M6 Toll - nick62

Of the compleet circus that is British politics Boris Johnson has got to be the biggest clown and he gets away with because everyone just laughs and says it's only boris Johnson. Theirs a real danger he could become the ringleader to the circus

How sad is it that his "advisors" have to keep him away from the cameras in case he makes a howler and jeopardises his current "no. 1" status in the leadership contest - we are talking about the PM for gods sake!

Any - M6 Toll - Vitesse6

Problem is the pool to pick a new PM looks pretty shallow and the prospect of 0.2% of the population picking the best doesn't inspire me with confidence.

Any - M6 Toll - Bromptonaut

I suspect Craig is highlighting the internet's lack of a switch to show irony though you can never be sure about mentions of EU in this place.

Any - M6 Toll - oldroverboy.

Politics aside, we don't need the EU to have commercial interests taking the cream of the earnings for our infrastructure.

Private finance initiatives anyone, Build it, rent it back to the NHS on eyewatering lease deals? Bridges, Toll motorways, railways, The list is endless.

Any - M6 Toll - nick62

pity the NHS can't go "bump" like several high-street names and stuff the greedy landlords in the process.

Any - M6 Toll - craig-pd130

Irony (noun): the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite.

Any - M6 Toll - nick62

Irony (noun): the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite.

Fair enough, hook line & sinker.................................

Any - M6 Toll - Bilboman

While we're on the subject of Brexit irony, anyone fancy a wager on the chances of the indicator stalk returning to the (correct) right hand side sometime after Halloween? I'd guess not far off the chances of Larry the Cat becoming Prime Minister (an idea not wholly without its merits, given the way things stand at the moment...)

Any - M6 Toll - Ethan Edwards

Never used it. I'll stick with the old one. Just try to choose off peak times. Last time I used it early this year it was a superb collection of road works. Bravo ...I think between the m1 m6 etc driving to and from Manchester was possibly marginally more enjoyable than having a leg sawn off sans anesthetic. If I must traverse dreadful roads I'll stick to the A12 you get a better class of boy racer on there.