What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
- Lee Power
REF DW & his 3008 Puretech 130 - Depending on the age of the car it might be due a software update for the engine ecu. There's has been a software update campaign for the older Puretech 130's that Peugeot / Citroen main dealers will carry out when you take the car in for a service / other work.

Either ask your main dealer / UK customer service OR check your vin on Service Box as it will tell you if your car requires a main dealer visit.

As a 308 Puretech 130 owner myself, I agree with HJ that it certainly doesn't lack torque.
- GingerTom
Tall story: Sorry? You are thinking of buying electric for economy but will have to pay £20,000 to do so. You already have a car that has a potential 6 years left in it. Where is the saving?
- Happy Blue!
Tall story

I am so glad that HJ has advised someone to keep their existing car. Too often people change their cars at ridiculously low mileages and ages for no reason other than 'its time for a change' or 'the PCP is expiring'.

These are car you know well, have presumably been reliable, so paying out another £10,000 - £20,000 for some shiny paint or an extra 5mpg is throwing good money away. Not everyone want to play bangernomics, but a modern five year old car should be every bit as capable as the brand new car it once was. All the cars I have owned have been.

Honest John's Motoring Agony Column 09-02-2019 Part 2 - davethesteam

I agree completely.

We have 2012/62 Nissan Note 1.5dci bought new (93k miles) It has been regularly maintained and any problems sorted straight away with a local independant garage. Thank fully those problems have been few and far between (timing belt at 70k mls, a/c radiator,). Main issue has been tyres (Original Contis lasted 27k miles, then Dunlops at 20k mls and present Michelins after ca 47k mls. These will be replaced soon with - yes - Michelins.

Otherwise delighted with vehicle and will not be replaced for another 1 - 2years if it continues behaving iteself