What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - Green Mould - postie1

I have been having a discussion over the last few week with regards Green Mould in your interior http://www.valetingcars.co.uk/mould-removal/

Over the last few weeks i have completed a couple of vehicles with very heavy mould spores where both vehicles have been stood for over 12 months..

However when i have come to the dash board the mould spores have been removed but the staining remained.See the bottom image of the link.

After speaking with some very well established Detailers & sending them the image on the link. We believe the UV sunlight has lightened the dashboard over time & the Mould Spores have acted as an umbrella & protected the dashboard underneath leaving spots of the original dashbord colour..

So if you have a vehicle that may be stood for a while, keep your eye out for any moisture in the vehicle & keep your eye on it.

Ford Focus - Green Mould - Bolt

We used to get cars worse than that caused by cigarette ash flicked on the floor/around seats and on the dashboard, in fact anywhere the ash was blown and gotton damp was terrible, it used to take a couple of days to clean one

we ended up using steamers to get rid of the mushrooms/mould but even that took almost a day to sort out, so I could understand some garages not giving a decent part X price for smokers cars due to cleaning costs

Ford Focus - Green Mould - postie1

Its not so much the mould on the seats & seat belts, its the dashboard i was concerned about.

By all accounts the dashboard now need re-colouring to put it back into a reasonable condition.