Suzuki Vitara - Vitara S 1.4 - Ethan Edwards

Just ordered one of these to replace the Qashqai. Anyone own one? Happy with it?

Suzuki Vitara - Vitara S 1.4 - KB.

No I don't ... but looking forwartd to seeing how you get on with it. Presumably a manual ? It's no secret it would be on my list to replace the current Yeti when the time comes.

Suzuki Vitara - Vitara S 1.4 - daveyjp
A colleague has had a 1.6 for almost 2 years. She says it is perfect for her needs and excellent value for money. She has a new Baby and a couple of dogs to move about.

Doesn’t do high mileage so mpg not an issue. Plenty of kit as standard and it has been faultless.

From my couple of trips in it the only obvious sign it is built to a budget are the weight of the doors.
Suzuki Vitara - Vitara S 1.4 - SLO76
Fiat Diesel engines aside it’s rare to hear anyone complaining about Suzuki ownership. In general they’re robust and reliable. Sadly though I think the new Vitara isn’t much cop to look at though. Surely they could’ve had a bit more of the origionals fun styling to go with the new cars vastly better dynamics?

We used to sell loads of 3 door Vitaras in the 90’s especially soft tops which were hot property. Never went wrong but were God awful to drive so they’d always come back as part ex against a sensible hatch at some point. Thus the reason why they always had loads of owners with some 5yr old examples listing 6 owners or more. Very much style over substance but the latest car although very good by all accounts is a bit drab looking in my opinion and with the effort they’ve made with the Ignis we know Suzuki can do better.

Not to criticise your choice though Ethan, it’s a great wee SUV with a great track record for reliability so well bought, I hope it serves you well.
Suzuki Vitara - Vitara S 1.4 - Ethan Edwards

Thanks. It's replacing a 150bhp 2.0 dci Qashqai with a 140bhp Vitara. But it's 444kg lighter. During the test drive I was impressed by the mid range punch. That boosterjet looks to be pretty sweet.

I'll post about it in a month or so.

Cheers.

Suzuki Vitara - Vitara S 1.4 - KJP 123

Why did you not ask before placing the order?

Suzuki Vitara - Vitara S 1.4 - f aly

Have you still got the Vitara ,if you do how has is been with reliability and general day to day driving