What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
M6 J18 - 19 & M62 J8 - Jonathan
I have just heard on the radio that the roadworks on the M6 have now been completed. I expect that the cameras that were there, will now be moved to the M62 very soon, so be careful.

Jonathan

PS

I also heard that some major police bod, is pushing for speed cameras to be brightly coloured and not hidden. Must be mad.
Re: M6 J18 - 19 & M62 J8 - um
yea heard this copper on radio 4 this morning...

hes a chief constable who is also head of ACPO's traffic committee I think...

sad thing was Radio 4 didnt put up a very good opposition (they had the AA as the anti's but they were also IN FAVOUR of cameras, and some lady who wouldnt know a safe road if it fell out of the sky on her head)... methinks they should have had the Association of British Drivers or the like on board

Once again lots of dodgy stats were quoted

At least the copper was aware that the great mass of ordinary citizens are starting to get very upset at being the soft target
Re: M6 J18 - 19 & M62 J8 - sam
same bloke was on jimmy young show on radio 2

once again bbc failed to ask some obvious questions

"why is police driving standards so poor, and falling so fast"

"why is noone ever prosecuted for driving too close to car in front"

"why do copper get away with driving with microphone in hand"

"why dont the engineers get taken to task for creating black spots"

etc etc
Re: M6 J18 - 19 & M62 J8 - Mark
Hi Jonathan

Went up and down the M6 today and the SPECS bewteen J19/18 have gone and I agree with your line of thought that they will now migrate to J8/9 of M62.

One less item of interest for Bill when he goes on his hols, but this section of the M6 remains a firm favourite for Cheshireplod and their mobile cameras.

Also saw the news article about Gatso being painted, but this is fudging the real issue and could even raise accident rates at the "blackspots" where they have been positioned as even more dozy drivers will notice them and slam on the anchors as they now see them.

Thinking about it Gatsos and SPECS must be a a chief plods dream, they detect "crimes" that would otherwise go undetected and probably lead to a successful prosecution for the "crime" in at least 95% of the offences they record. No 2 legged plod can get near such a detection/prosecution and clear up rate even if they were put on sweetie patrol in the school playground.

Of course SPECS/Gatsos are even more useful when their oustandingly high rate of identifying crime and then prosecuting the same crime via the evidence they provide is added to what are usually quite mediocre figures for other types of crime detection and prosecution. If large volumes of speed related crimes are detected and prosecuted in this way and then added to all other crime figures for the county then quite an improvement on previous years could be presented if just the headline figures were examined. I am not suggesting this happens but it does make you think.

as ever

Mark
Re: M6 J18 - 19 & M62 J8 - Andrew Tarr
Don't understand why some drivers HATE the idea of cameras so much, especially if they are visible. If you don't mind the speed limits, what is wrong with the camera? Just the old schoolboy reaction - b*gg*r, I've been caught ? Or the idea that the cops pocket easy money? In our part of the world the highways people seem to make do with warning signs only - why bother with an expensive camera, drivers will just think that they didn't see it. Not a bad idea, really. I have been told that there are only 2 speed cameras in Shropshire (but not where they are).
Re: M6 J18 - 19 & M62 J8 - Mark
Andrew

I think the association of british drivers website might help you with the locations if you really want to know.

regards

Mark