What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo - Ford mondeo 2007 advice - shoebpatel31

Hi guys, I just wanted some advice re ford mondeo 07/08 hatchback diesel, im looking at probably the 2.0 or possibly the 1.8 to purchase.

any advice on these cars when going to view them, any questions to raise and any faults, work that needs to be done for roughly 80/85k.

Thanks guys

Ford Mondeo - Ford mondeo 2007 advice - Avant

You asked much the same question when you started a thread on 26 November (and there were several more on the same subject before that):

"Hi guys im considering buying a car, ive kind of decided it needs to have plenty of space. miles a year maybe anything 10-12k a year. mileage max 90k, would probably have to be a saloon or hatchback.

option im thinking of was ford mondeo 07 onwards, has anyone got any advice(budget max 5k)

Thanks"

You got quite a lot of good advice then - not least the advice not to go for a diesel in view of your annual mileage and the likely age of the car. I can't see the advice being any different now: I'm sorry if you don't like it but it's given by some knowledgeable people who are genuinely trying to help.

If you have some compelling reason to want a diesel, then the 2.0 litre Ford engine has a better reputation for reliability and long life than most.