What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Zetec 2005 (MK 5) - Heat distribution controller 'disconnected' - rrh2104

Hi people, As a consequence of removing the section of dashboard which houses the radio/CD player and heating controls, I've disconnected the 'heat distribution' controller and I don't how to 'reconnect' it. Can anyone help? Your help will be MUCH appreciated!

Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Zetec 2005 (MK 5) - Heat distribution controller 'disconnected' - elekie&a/c doctor

The plastic drum and cable unit clips in to the back of the controls,but you need to get the alignment correct.There should be a detent in the plastic to help you.Perhaps the cables have come off at the heater end?.Same arrangement,just clips in once aligned.

Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Zetec 2005 (MK 5) - Heat distribution controller 'disconnected' - rrh2104

The plastic drum and cable unit clips in to the back of the controls,but you need to get the alignment correct.There should be a detent in the plastic to help you.Perhaps the cables have come off at the heater end?.Same arrangement,just clips in once aligned.

Your response has reassured me that it's actually capable of being reconnected (and without the use of a special tool?). Thanks to your response, i'll try again but with a newfound confidence. Thank you!