Audi A4 3.0 Tdi V6 Quattro July 2012, 28000 miles - S tronic problem - Davidfrance

My car is an A4 avant 3.0tdi v6 stronic7 quattro from July 2012.mileage 28,000. bought second hand from Audi dealer.

I am concerned about the s tronic auto box.

I really like this car. The stronic box mostly feels fine BUT I constantly experience the following :

At constant 80 mph on the motorway (in France!) the box becomes immediately noisy (boomy, which can seem to ring around the cabin of the car), and with the additional noise comes additional vibration (through the floor?) and trembling of the horizontal part of the driver's seat.

Also, At 56 mph the box is already in D7 and it doesn't feel quite optimal so switching into M6 seems to improve things.

Mecatronics ? Something damaged ? clutch judder ? premature wear ? or just need of recalibration?

Audi A4 3.0 Tdi V6 Quattro July 2012, 28000 miles - S tronic problem - elekie&a/c doctor

Could the gearbox need an oil change?May be a software update reqd?I have seen vibration issues on these caused by worn inner drive shaft couplings.

Audi A4 3.0 Tdi V6 Quattro July 2012, 28000 miles - S tronic problem - Davidfrance

Oil change has just been done but it didn't make any difference, unfortunately. I am going to ask for a software update but so far the Audi garage say everything is ok with the box. I dont trust them...

Are you a mechanic ?