What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Kenlowe Hotstart - Focus - robert
Has anyone any experience of fitting a Kenlowe hotstart on a Ford Focus. Feedback very welcome.

In anticipation

Robert
Kenlowe Hotstart - Focus - ChrisV
Robert,
I have had a Hotstart on order since Christmas, it should be with me before next weekend. Assuming I manage to fit it (any helpful hints welcome!), I will let you know how I got on.
Chris
Which engine in the Focus is it?
Kenlowe Hotstart - Focus - ChrisV
It's the 2.0 Zetec, the diesels seem to have less room under their bonnets though.
Chris
Kenlowe Hotstart - Focus - rogerb
If you search on this topic you will find lots of feedback .
I have a Hotstart fitted in my Focus tdi(with aircon!), but, with SUCH a crowded engine bay, it was NOT "an easy DIY job"!
I had a bracket welded-on beneath & in front of the battery.

NB IT is ESSENTIAL to get your 'plumbing' from the pump in as straight a run as possible to the point on the bulkhead where it joins the heater piping. Otherwise you get air pockets developing, and, eventually, the heater unit burns out, due to its having heated air rather than water! This happened to mine 2 or 3 times before I had it re-plumbed - all very expensive.

When it is properly-fitted & working it is great!!
Kenlowe Hotstart - Focus - Marcos{P}
This may sound silly but could someone explain what a Hotstart system is and what it does.

Thanks
Kenlowe Hotstart - Focus - borasport20
It's a device for pre-heating the engine so the car is warm when you get out to it in the morning

Usually some sort of mains powered heating element is inserted into the cooling system, and is controlled from a timer. Don't know what happens if you forget to unplug it though ... ;-)

I have to grow old - but I don't have to grow up
Hi Roger,

I would be very very interested in taking a look if at all possible.

In anticipation of off forum contact.

Robert

robert.h.harvey@btinternet.com