What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
verso or c4 picasso - verso or c4 picasso another which or other? - deanbrill

Ok I have narrowed my search and visited local car world to see sizes

Originally need 2 Car seats and booster (1 kid is 8)

I llike the idea of 3 full seats and a massive high boot

I also like the estate passat but it's gonna be older model and seats squashed. Touran too expensive would have to go alot older also although these looked great too?

Toyota verso was original but with 8 k max the Citroen c4 picasso or Grande can be had for about 8k 2011 model. This looks great value

Any opinions !

Also some long journeys but also lots of 10 mile trips or so, so I feel petrol is better for us?

verso or c4 picasso - verso or c4 picasso another which or other? - nlpnlp

I don't have either car, but we have a toyota and citroen in the family - plus the kids. We had the big 7 seater people carrier before but mpg killed that. The estate is a great compromise - good space for all the kids stuff, but still good to drive and good mpg.

In terms of Toyota v Citoren for me it is a no brainer - Toyota all day. I have a C3 with 161k miles on the clock at 7 years old - original clutch, etc. But it has generally cost an arm and a leg to keep it on the road with suspension parts which seem to be a real Citroen weak area and particularly with the C4 (Watchdog recent prgram). Toyota has generally had one service a year and nothing else. The Toyota feels solid, whereas the Citroen doesn't. It seems disloyal to diss the Citroen after 161k miles in 7 years with few failures to start, but next car for me is for an easy life will be a Toyota. Citroen are good to buy price wide, are good to drive, but you pay in repairs and servicing.

Edited by nlpnlp on 13/07/2014 at 14:51

verso or c4 picasso - verso or c4 picasso another which or other? - deanbrill

Great info

I just really feel the Toyota looks solid and feels right. I like the 1.8 petrol. I'm just tempted my the citreon due to the specified newer model for the same cash so assume the engine may be better plus it had more 007 style gadgets :)

Interesting that u recommend the Toyota over a citreon that has served. U well. Thanks