What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford/Mercedes/DAF - Truck Hire - Ntassoolla

Does anyone know where I can hire a 7.5 ton box truck one way Lewisham to Inverness?

I've had a good search and made many enquiries but nothing.

Ford/Mercedes/DAF - Truck Hire - Rats

I tried to get a one way hire a couple of years back when we moved the in-laws, but had no luck, either the companies don't do it at all or they advertise they do, but it would appear to be too much hassle for them!!!!!

The "excuse" from Ryder was that it would be too far to return the truck to it's "home" depot, surely the point of one way is that trucks move around and minor relocations happen when needed?

Ford/Mercedes/DAF - Truck Hire - alan1302

The "excuse" from Ryder was that it would be too far to return the truck to it's "home" depot, surely the point of one way is that trucks move around and minor relocations happen when needed?

But if they have to do it a lot then they have to charge a lot and then no one wants to hire them...so they don't hire them out as it's not worthwhile.

Edited by alan1302 on 08/07/2014 at 22:50

Ford/Mercedes/DAF - Truck Hire - Rats

But if they have to do it a lot then they have to charge a lot and then no one wants to hire them...so they don't hire them out as it's not worthwhile.

But they advertise that they do one-way hire and I was expecting to pay for the privilige, however it was one of those conversations where the customer appears to be an inconvenience to the member of staff I spoke to.