What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mercedes-Benz C-Class Estate - Car pulling to the left - sutts35
Hi,
Just read somewhere on the forum about the mercedes c class pulling to the left, I to have the same problem on my c250 cdi amg sport estate, new on 21/2/14.
Booked it into the dealer last week where they carried out the tracking/wheel alignment and gave declared that the car runs perfectly straight. Charged me £132. Drove the car home and exactly the same pulling to the left problem. Rang the dealer, suggested that I bring the car back in to try it. Service manager took the car out and declared that all c classes pull to the left (and he has driven loads of them!), tried the car on different roads, suggested that I swap the front tyres around, which I did last night, drive car today - still the same, so obviously not a tyre problem. I thought that the left brakes could be binding? Dies anybody have any thoughts?
Mercedes-Benz C-Class Estate - Car pulling to the left - bathtub tom

Are the tyres directional? If so, swap wheels front to back, if not swap side to side front and back and see if that makes any difference.

What happens if you drive it on the other side of the channel? I found the problem with one car I owned was the camber of the roads (after I swapped the fronts over!).

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Estate - Car pulling to the left - RobJP

If it's the AMG sport version, then it's undoubtedly on huge alloys and low profile tyres.

In which case, it's probably not pulling, but tramlining. And that is caused by the wheel and tyre combination - the bigger the wheel, the worse it is. And it's not a fault, either.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Estate - Car pulling to the left - daveyjp
Wide, low profile wheels are the problem.

I had similar on my X type, but only when the OEM pirelli front tyres were getting to the point of needing replacing. Once the pirellis were changed it never happened again.