What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus Coupe-Cabriolet - Leaking Roof/Seals - LesJR

I have been told by my Main Dealer that they won't even touch my car, in fact didn't even look at it, but told me to repair it it had to go on a jig and that it would cost a minimum of £700.00, and the only place that would do this is in Alperton. Is this true? and is there anyway I could replace the seals myself?

Ford Focus Coupe-Cabriolet - Leaking Roof/Seals - elekie&a/c doctor

I think you would be wasting your time.A friend bought one of these new,and it went back on numerous occasions to fix the water leaks.No luck.Eventually Ford replaced the car with a standard 4 door car.He then decided to buy a VW Eos,not much better in the water leak dept.hth

Ford Focus Coupe-Cabriolet - Leaking Roof/Seals - daveyjp
Once they start leaking stopping it is nigh on impossible. Our friends also had an Eos, it leaked from the first time it rained. Fixes worked for a time, but when they sold it it still leaked.

Opening the roof on any surface which isn't completely flat can cause problems, thats why it needs to be jigged, to ensure it is true while being worked on.