What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford galaxy 1.9tdi mk2 - Ford galaxy goes into limp mode @2500rpm - sailorjay1
To all those budding engineers out there I want to share my experience with you :- I set off from work to travel home 205 miles in my trusty galaxy mk2 and noticed I had no power and at 2500rpm around 65mph the car was flat (no power) I couldn't overtake or build up speed so I pulled into the layby I happen to own a cheap £16 diagnostic reader that I also use on my audi a4 it gave me the code 17954 under boosting , upon googling the code it relates to the waste gate not operating or mass air flow sensor fail . Over the weekend I pull the vacuum hose off the waste gate and noticed a split in the hose very small mind but chopped out the bad bit and refitted hose, I erased the codes turned on ignition checked for further codes nothing came up the car now runs right as rain . Invest in a code reader they saved me ££££ it cost me nothing to fix the galaxy so good luck . Any questions on ford galaxy's or anything feel free to ask as I am a highly skilled engineer in the navy