What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus trend 2001 1.6 3 door - Clutch bite point - 9884booth

I just boought an old Focus and the bite point on the clutch is very high. It doesn't seem to slip the clutch. Does this mean it's close to failing or does it just need adjusting?

Ford Focus trend 2001 1.6 3 door - Clutch bite point - Galaxy

I just boought an old Focus and the bite point on the clutch is very high. It doesn't seem to slip the clutch. Does this mean it's close to failing or does it just need adjusting?

It probably means the clutch is on it's way out, I'm afraid. There's no adjustment either provided or possible (it's a hydraulic clutch)

However, if the clutch isn't actually slipping then I wouldn't worry about it, unless you particularly want to have a new clutch fitted.

Ford Focus trend 2001 1.6 3 door - Clutch bite point - Peter.N.

As above but I have a C5 and a 406 both with the clutch bite point near the top, they were both like it when I bought them and still are and I have done over 30,000 miles in the 406 and its still fine, providing you don't thrash it the clutch could go on for many thousands of miles.