What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fusion 1.4 durashift - Heater Box - BossyBear

Hi HJ, my 2008 Ford Fusion 1.4 durashift has a broken heater box, the cable mechanism on the box is seized and I can't get any air to come onto the windscreen or any warm air at all to the footwell. Ford say the whole heater box has to be replaced, a rare and complex job requiring considerable dismantling, maybe 2 or 3 days work. Have you any experience of this task, and any idea what sort of figure I should expect from a main dealer for this work ?? Thanks

Ford Fusion 1.4 durashift - Heater Box - elekie&a/c doctor
The heater and air distribution flap system are operated by a cable drive system.These can be detached from the main heater box assy,as they are only clipped on.It is not necessary to remove the heater box to replace the cable system,although the radio and centre console will need to be released for access.hth
Ford Fusion 1.4 durashift - Heater Box - BossyBear
The heater and air distribution flap system are operated by a cable drive system.These can be detached from the main heater box assy,as they are only clipped on.It is not necessary to remove the heater box to replace the cable system,although the radio and centre console will need to be released for access.hth

Thanks, but the cable system itself isn't the problem, that can be detached as you say, its the spindle in the box thats seized up right inside the box itself thats gone.

Ford Fusion 1.4 durashift - Heater Box - elekie&a/c doctor

Interesting,never seen a problem like this on one of these or similar Fiesta.If there is no heat or distribution,then both flaps are seized.Not too sure how that has happened.If they will not move ,then it is heater box out,but not 2-3 days work.?