What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus Estate 1.6 TDCi - Rear Suspension Arm Bushes - stewil007

Further to my last thread after having my car serviced I have had a quote (from a Ford Garage) to replace the rear suspension arm bushes at the cost of just over £1400.

Having had a look at the cost of bushes and assuming they aren't using gold plated ones, you can pick up a pair for £10 - £20. How do they warrant the further £1400 for fitting these bits.

Now, i understand Ford put a serious mark-up on their work, but going on past experience of them being approx 40% more expensive to do work that would still put the job at a local garage at around the £800 mark - is that realistic? I wont get a chance to speak ot my local garage till tomorrow, so would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Ford Focus Estate 1.6 TDCi - Rear Suspension Arm Bushes - elekie&a/c doctor

Local garage should do this job for around £200-250.Including parts.My friend has just bought a complete Focus for £1200 as a cheapo runaround.

Ford Focus Estate 1.6 TDCi - Rear Suspension Arm Bushes - stewil007

Again, thanks for the quick response.

I'll speak to my local garage tomorrow and see what they say.

The skeptic in me feels that they want to overstate any repairs to make you look at buying a new car with them.....I received a call from their sales department the night before the service, mentioning my starting issue aqnd winter is coming etc etc. Bang out of order if you ask me!