Ford fiesta zetec s / volkswagen golf - New car advice - adameansey91
Hi all

In a bit of a predicament over my next car. I have around £7000-£8000 to spend and have been looking at a Ford Fiesta Zetec S 09-12 but had last minute thoughts when I saw a few nice VW golf's mk 6 1.4. I understand that they are totally different cars ie one being fun and the other more suited to comfort. Anybody have any suggestions? Sorry about the 'bitty' info I am trying to message from my iPhone.

Many Thanks
Ford fiesta zetec s / volkswagen golf - New car advice - gordonbennet

Wouldn't call a Fiesta fun exactly but we all like different things, an MX5 or Honda S2000 (some beauts about in that budget) with the roof down on a day like today out in the quiet countryside with your prettily dressed lady by your side is nearer to fun.

What do you want from a car is the first question.

Ford fiesta zetec s / volkswagen golf - New car advice - thunderbird

How about trying them both and making your own mind up.

The Fiesta and Golf are not even in the same class.

Golf and Focus are comparable, Fiesta and Polo are comparable. Fiesta and Golf are not.

Ford fiesta zetec s / volkswagen golf - New car advice - daveyjp
Try them both. My dad had Fiestas for 25 years whilst a driving instructor, he kept with them because they were excellent for what he needed them to do and comfortable for 30,000 miles a year.

He retired just as the latest model came out and bored of Fiestas he bought a Jazz. His first experience of the new Fiesta was last week, a hire car in Cyprus and it was so uncomfortable he was glad to give it back.

Ford fiesta zetec s / volkswagen golf - New car advice - Simon

Surely for the same money you will get a much 'newer' Fiesta than a Golf?

I had a similar quandary when I bought my Focus ST170, I got that brand new for the same money that a Golf GTI a few years old was at the time.

Ford fiesta zetec s / volkswagen golf - New car advice - 72 dudes

I think it also depends on what sort of journeys you will be doing:

If you have a lengthy commute or drive a lot of motorways and dual carriageways, maybe the Golf is a better bet.

If you're after a fun car, then the Zetec S Fiesta fits the bill quite nicely, good chassis, reasonable performance, looks good.

From your screen name, I am assuming you are a young guy in your 20's? If so, get the Fiesta, I think you may become bored of the Golf. The 1.4 is not the best engine either, it will feel a little sluggish in may situations