What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta - Immobiliser - tony g
Hi all ,I came to start a 2005 fiesta this morning ,it started fine but while I was closing the garage door the car stalled and wouldn't restart .

The lock display on the dash was flashing continuously as was the engine temperature indicator .

I tried locking the drivers door with one of the two chipped keys I have ,no remote ,and then tried to restart without success .

The reason for my post is to confirm how I managed to restart the car .I found the information on a different website but its apparently a common fiesta problem so I thought I would pass it on .

Initially I disconnected the live terminal and left it off for twenty minutes .i then restarted the car but it ran for ten minutes before stalling again ,the lock and temperature display were the same .

Because disconnecting the battery had some effect ,I disconnected the live battery terminal again and left it off for an hour . That did the trick ,the car now starts and drives fine .I guess the time delay allows the ecu to reset ?

A nice easy fix