What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus Estate 2005 Left hand drive - Headlights - rec
Can I adjust my headlights from European to British road conditions. There seems to plenty of sideways adjustment. Or do I need to fit British headlights?
Regards Rex
Ford Focus Estate 2005 Left hand drive - Headlights - TeeCee

You will need to fit RHD headlamp units for permanent use (i.e. if you import the vehicle and register it in the UK), or fit those stickers for temporary use.

It's not which way they point that is the issue (both point straight ahead) it's that the beam pattern differs when dipped. Both types have beams which illuminate signs at the roadside, one to the left and the other to the right, while keeping the beam flat toward the centre of the road. If you use the wrong ones, that roadside illumination is pointing right in the faces of oncoming drivers.

I'd be trying eBay for headlamp units at a sensible price.

Ford Focus Estate 2005 Left hand drive - Headlights - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

Oh for the days of simple seven-inch round headlamps! I've still got a pair in a box (somewhere) where by moving the bulb between two slots changed the beam pattern from left hand to right hand drive. Used them just once on a friend's Mini going to Italy.