What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Any - £15k budget for a medium used car - Suz1980
Hi,

I’m looking for a medium sized hatchback/suv car with a budget of 15k. I have previously owned Honda Civics. I would like something that is 69 plate or newer. Annual mileage will be around 9k per year. Petrol or diesel. Hondas are just out of my price range now, unfortunately. Also something with a nippy engine.

I used to like sporty looking cars, but with the prices of cars going up, I’m open to any reliable car that will last for 4 years.
Any - £15k budget for a medium used car - Adampr

An approved used Kia Ceed would be in budget and also in warranty for the next four years.

Any - £15k budget for a medium used car - veloceman
Seat Leon FR 1.5 Tsi 150
Great handing and performance with 50 mpg.
Should get a low mileage 69 plate for your money.
Any - £15k budget for a medium used car - elekie&a/c doctor
Take a look at a Suzuki vitara 1.4 booster jet (petrol) . Good size and the right amount of kit .
Any - £15k budget for a medium used car - Metropolis.
I’ll give a vote for the Suzuki, good suggestion
Any - £15k budget for a medium used car - SLO76
Honda Civic is good with the well tried and tested 1.6 DTEC diesel. It’s quick, exceptionally economical and robust. Don’t touch the 1.0 petrol, it’s not a good design. The £1500-£1800 every 5yrs to change the hideously complex timing belt is madness and will be neglected by most owners.

I like the Seat Leon 1.4 TSi FR too. It needs a timing belt everything 5yrs too, but it’s much cheaper to do. These are lively and good to drive plus economical.

I’d also look at the Mazda 3 2.0 Skyactiv petrol. These are good on fuel, fun to drive and very reliable.

Any - £15k budget for a medium used car - brambobb

I recently bought a 1.6 i-DTEC Civic for £15.5k. Slightly older than your ideal requirement (19 reg) but one owner, 19k miles and full Honda service history. I did wonder about possible DPF etc problems at 5k miles per year but I have done 6k miles in it now (in 3 months) and it runs perfectly and is averaging around 70 mpg.

However it is the fairly rare saloon, which I actually wanted but which may be a bit less popular (and therefore slightly cheaper) than the hatchback.