Changes to Dart Crossing charge accounts - FoxyJukebox
Confused-Had an E-mail asking me to re-validate my charge card details from 28/7-fine-not a scam.
“Either do it on 28/7 or when you next cross” I might need to cross today-does that mean my existing payment is invalid unless I update it or shall I re-validate on 28/7.
Tried to update on line -but no guidance within website
Changes to Dart Crossing charge accounts - Hugh Watt

Similarly I was asked to re-validate my payment method. No links or guidance on the website - I clicked "change card" and re-entered the same one, which was accepted... ??

Exactly-with no acknowledgement of this being the on screen acceptance of required re-validation or a customer just changing their card .
Typical example of obtuse public sector customer care
Changes to Dart Crossing charge accounts - Bromptonaut
Typical example of obtuse public sector customer care

Run by Capita I think. Or has it moved on when retendered.

It's not uncommon for organisations, public or private, holding cards to ask you to re-verify them.

Changes to Dart Crossing charge accounts - Chris M

I got the email too.

"The new service and Terms and Conditions will come into force on 28 July 2023.

Your next pay-as-you-go (PAYG) payment will fail unless you revalidate your card.

As a PAYG customer, this means that you will need to:

• Re-validate your payment card
  • You may also be asked to change your password

from 28 July and before you next cross."

Which bit isn't clear?

You can currently only change your payment method in the website . There is no guidance or confirmation that changing your payment method acts. as the requested re-validation.

But, as the email states, you have to wait until the 28th before doing anything.

Up to and including 27th is current service provider.

From 28th is new service provider.

You need to confirm the payment method to the new provider. The current one already has the details.

Edited by Chris M on 19/07/2023 at 15:58

Which bit isn't clear?

The procedure to re-validate your card. Perhaps you haven't tried it.

"

Perhaps you haven't tried it.

No I haven't tried it. Because it's clear it needs doing on or after the 28th :)

I just knew that Bromptonaut would respond to aspersions cast on the public sector... :-)

I just knew that Bromptonaut would respond to aspersions cast on the public sector... :-)

The scheme is run by a contractor. IIRC it was Capita but it's now a US outfit, Conduent.

Emovis run the penalty system.

Changes to Dart Crossing charge accounts - _

The scheme is run by a contractor. IIRC it was Capita but it's now a US outfit, Conduent.

Emovis run the penalty system.

Correct,

This is the email i got in april and posted then

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=179609

Got this email today.

Advance notice of a change to the Dart Charge service that affects your account

We are changing our service provider, and our terms and conditions (T&Cs) will change between June and August 2023. This is your 30 day notice that our terms and conditions are changing, we will notify you of the exact date prior to the change.

You can read the new terms and conditions at https://www.dartford-crossing-charge.service.gov.uk/Static/TermsAndConditions.

The key T&Cs changes for account holders are:

• Conduent is the new Dart Charge service provider, Emovis will continue to manage penalty charges.
  • The minimum account balance has been reduced to £5.
  • When an account closes, we will try to issue a refund automatically.

So-anybody attempting to validate before the 28th is only changing their payment details -not re-validating.
There are going to be quite a few folk that will be be caught out by this
Changes to Dart Crossing charge accounts - _
So-anybody attempting to validate before the 28th is only changing their payment details -not re-validating. There are going to be quite a few folk that will be be caught out by this

Surely not?

Changes to Dart Crossing charge accounts - Smileyman

such a shame they didn't take this opportunity to scrap this tax on road usage ... being free overnight is not a fair solution.

I also received the email, but I don't store card details on the website and am not part of the auto-top up process, instead I top up regularly based on usage

Just checked website where a notice is now clearly displayed
“Please log in from 28/7 and re validate your payment card”

That sign was not there when a large proportion of people ( account holders?) would have received their official e-mail.

Don’t forget to log in on the 28/7!

Edited by FoxyJukebox on 24/07/2023 at 13:10

So-having bombarded customers with information about a major administrative change on the 28th, with the need to log in and re-validate, the Dart website is now out of order temporarily till 30/7.
Oh dear oh dear oh dear….

Perhaps someone from Dart would like to explain.

Edited by FoxyJukebox on 28/07/2023 at 09:02

"bombarded"

What, with one email?

Changes to Dart Crossing charge accounts - HGV ~ P Valentine

If you are nor sure give them a call. I got a notice and checked it was not a scam, I did not use the number on the pcn either but checked online for the number.

Pay the Dartford Crossing charge (Dart Charge): Paying the charge - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

There is a number there as well, 03 number so not premium rate.

Some sort of screw up somewhere I think. Following Paul V's link to log into my account places me in a queue. A search for log in turns up multiple media accounts of changes consequent on the handover of payments to Conduent and that these/the migration itself have not gone to plan.

Reports say they've written to those with accounts etc but I've not heard a dicky about mine.

Will likely use the crossing a week today outbound to the Chunnel and again upon return.

However, if it avoids hassle I can use M40/M25 counter clockwise then M26/M20 and avoid altogether. Timings usually within a few minutes of M1/M25 clokwise and Dartford Crossing for M20 (or M2/A2 heading for ferry rather than chunnel).

Edited by Bromptonaut on 31/07/2023 at 11:06

I sniffed trouble with all this on 19/7-then sure enough on the 28th the site was closed for maintenance-and that remains the case today.

How many thousands of people are waiting to pay? What % of regular account holders have successfullly re-validated? How many people have been issued with fines?

A serious muck up--as yet unresolved

Worked fine for me on Sunday. Very straightforward process.

And the site isn't closed. There's a waiting system in operation as I guess there are a lot of people wanting to access the site.

Fines. I doubt it as there will be leeway allowed. Provided of course people aren't taking the urine. Those people (disgusted of Tunbridge Wells) will be featured in the DM.

Changes to Dart Crossing charge accounts - alan1302

I sniffed trouble with all this on 19/7-then sure enough on the 28th the site was closed for maintenance-and that remains the case today.

How many thousands of people are waiting to pay? What % of regular account holders have successfullly re-validated? How many people have been issued with fines?

It's working now and was open yesterday when I looked at it.

Just tried and I'm in a queue.

Maybe better early doors or midnight!!

Changes to Dart Crossing charge accounts - Big John

All I get now and yesterday is "Pay the Dartford Crossing charge (Dart Charge)

To manage high demand, you have been placed into a queue."

Who on earth managed to plan a big bang switchover on one of the busiest weekends with a good percentage of the country aiming to Folkestone / Dover to go on holiday. Imagine trying to sort out payment once you are abroad. This will get much worse as the PCNs land on doorsteps as people return home.

I just tried to log in to check my balance and I can't. I last logged in last week so know what it will be, but am perturbed by the situation. Hope my monies have not gone astray in the transfer process. Perhaps the computer will have lost my weekend journey too, that would be nice! Having queued up for a long time to get across the charge should have been waived on a goodwill basis as recompense.

Great shame they haven't just scrapped the whole charge thing, but, like ULEZ, they probably want the income to subsidise something else!!

Changes to Dart Crossing charge accounts - Big John

and I'm in after a short wait in the "queue" tonight - managed to validate my existing PAYG card and add a backup card. All my car registrations were present and correct.

I've also put in more of my details such as address etc which were missing. In addition two factor authentication is possible and indeed now setup - I'd always recommend that to anyone. The site is a bit sluggish but it got there in the end.

Edited by Big John on 01/08/2023 at 19:55

Managed to get in tonight after an epic battle. Password needed to be reset.

My account is topped up by Direct Debit from my current account. No charge card involved.

So that's probably why I've not heard from them!!

Re-validated yesterday-all fine. Couldn’t help but notice that the date for paying crossings has been extended to 31/8.
Changes to Dart Crossing charge accounts - alan1302
Re-validated yesterday-all fine. Couldn’t help but notice that the date for paying crossings has been extended to 31/8.

They made a bit of a mess and have now sorted it out.

Changes to Dart Crossing charge accounts - HGV ~ P Valentine

on my never ending quest to retrain myself, and keep myself up to date, it is a part of the TFL's idea to revamp the whole system, they where talking about charging everyone to now use the blackwall tunnel, another stealth tax for car drivers.

I'm surprised they haven't set this as a 20 mph road (with the usual cameras to terrorise those who dare look at the road and away from their speedometers). There is a new tunnel being built, both will attract charges as soon as they can possibly do so.