What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
BMW E46 330Ci - what a joy! - Ex Alfa mail

I'd forgotten the pleasure of driving a 3 litre in-line six. Just so smooth and, because it is normally aspirated, the power builds so naturally. And manual too. It was, quite simply, heavenly. Sad to admit, these are engines that make my love of Italian cars seem misplaced...

BMW E46 330Ci - what a joy! - elekie&a/c doctor

That's my summer ride . A 330ci cabrio . Nearly 21 years old.

BMW E46 330Ci - what a joy! - Adampr

I drove one for a few days about 15 years ago. Really nice drive, much more.so than the same age M3.

BMW E46 330Ci - what a joy! - sammy1

Try a 535i F10 with 8speed auto steptronic and its 4 driving modes comfort normal sport and sport plus. On the right car the sports modes stiffen the suspension and steering response. Not many about and a good one can be had for about £14k and they do not drink petrol averaging about 32mpg which for a 3litre is vg

BMW E46 330Ci - what a joy! - Ex Alfa mail

Well, after you said that I've bought it.

BMW E46 330Ci - what a joy! - Xileno

A friend has a 2011 535d. It's had a fair few problems since three years old and he's had good value from the extended warranty but I can see the attraction. Lovely engine and there's often a smile to be seen on his face when exercising the loud pedal. His has all the toys including adaptive suspension.