What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
'Classic' Cars - Auction tomorrow - Adampr

Something for everyone in this lot. What would you pick?

Anyone thinking of actually buying, I once sold a car through these people and they were hopeless so probably some bargains to be had!

www.historics.co.uk/buying/auctions/2023-04-08/car.../

'Classic' Cars - Auction tomorrow - Brit_in_Germany

The Riley or the Chamonix but might be tempted with the XK120.

'Classic' Cars - Auction tomorrow - Crickleymal

Ooh, Austin Metro Vanden Plas

Nope.

'Classic' Cars - Auction tomorrow - veloceman
Watch bangers and cash regularly.
Interesting to see how classic cars rise in price.
It all appears to be a generational thing.
Vintage cars are now less popular as there is now no connection with later generations.
80s/90s not hatch’s are going for stupid money.
I wonder how long it will take fir them to go out if fashion.
'Classic' Cars - Auction tomorrow - Chris M

"I wonder how long it will take fir them to go out if fashion."

When the next generation of auction buyers have fond memories of their dear departed mum taking them to school in a Mk1 Nissan Leaf.

Nope.

Too luxurious?

Heh! I drove one once. Albeit it had been thrashed but it felt the most unsafe car I'd ever been in.

'Classic' Cars - Auction tomorrow - bathtub tom

My daughter's first car, a very old second hand one. I found out they had the same big valve head as the MG. Gave it a few more horses.

'Classic' Cars - Auction tomorrow - Ex Alfa mail

I can't speak for a lot of the cars on offer but, for those models I do know, the suggested prices appear ambitious. I may well be wrong and out of touch, but I'd not be putting my hand in my pocket here. And, as an aside, how does a 2014 Fiat 500 justify being in a historic and classic auction?

The 500 is a bit odd. I think they take whatever you've got. Maybe that was someone's runaround that they just chucked in with something else.

It is an auction, so the prices are only guides. I do keep an eye on the sold prices, and quite a lot don't hit their reserve though.

'Classic' Cars - Auction tomorrow - elekie&a/c doctor
I’ll take the MB 1983 500 Sl , please.
'Classic' Cars - Auction tomorrow - John F
I’ll take the MB 1983 500 Sl , please.

Beware - could be a rot-box underneath, like many of these even older steel relics, especially those made with post-2WW grotty British steel.

Wot - no TR7s? A visiting alien might be puzzled as to why the largest six figure estimate goes to.....(drum roll).......a small piece of plastic displaying a couple of black symbols! (Lot 177).

'Classic' Cars - Auction tomorrow - nellyjak

Probably the Saab 96...but there's 2 or 3 Bentleys' I could find attractive.

Always fancied a Bentley and they seem to be getting scarily affordable...lol

'Classic' Cars - Auction tomorrow - RT

I've always fancied an Arnage, and they're now affordable - but the running costs are still high, about £1,000/year for servicing and double that every 4 years.

'Classic' Cars - Auction tomorrow - nellyjak

I've always fancied an Arnage, and they're now affordable - but the running costs are still high, about £1,000/year for servicing and double that every 4 years.

Surprised the Saab didn't go for more...but I'd risk the running/servicing costs of a Bentley as It would only do 2/3k miles p.a. max. in my ownership.

It wouldn't be my only car.

Probably the Saab 96...

£2,241 and it would have been yours!

I just went to put a bid on the mini electric hummer, just to annoy people. When it said it was going to pre-authorise £1,000 on my credit card I changed my mind!

'Classic' Cars - Auction tomorrow - Steveieb

Is that right that any car 40 years and more is ULEZ free ?

Is that right that any car 40 years and more is ULEZ free ?

I'm not sure. I did look at a car (possibly a Bentley) which was old enough to be tax and MOT exempt and ran the reg through a ULEZ checker. It failed so you'd have to pay the pollution charge.

'Classic' Cars - Auction tomorrow - Ex Alfa mail

Just caught up with the prices achieved, many of them appear to be far lower than the guide given in the catalogue. Some real bargains, even after costs, if the condition truly matches the description. Interesting to see the Fiat 500 didn't even achieve the WBAC valuation...

Edited by Alfa mail on 09/04/2023 at 17:39

'Classic' Cars - Auction tomorrow - badbusdriver

Just caught up with the prices achieved, many of them appear to be far lower than the guide given in the catalogue. Some real bargains, even after costs, if the condition truly matches the description. Interesting to see the Fiat 500 didn't even achieve the WBAC valuation...

Surely not that surprising a modern runabout doesn't fetch a good price at an auction for classic cars?

'Classic' Cars - Auction tomorrow - jacks

Yes, the Jaguar XK8 looked a really nice example and only made £2,000.

My particular favourite was the lovely 72 green Alfa Romeo Giulia with the tan leather (?) seats, completely rebuilt 1600 twin cam engine with twin weber 40 carbs. Immaculate car but it did make £28K !

'Classic' Cars - Auction tomorrow - SLO76
I’d love an 80’s/90’s hot or mild hatch. A nice Metro GTi, Nova SR, Pug 205 XS/GTi, 306 XSi/GTi-6, Charade GTti, R19 16v, XR2i or XR3i would be jolly if any kindly cash rich individual would like to buy me a nice example. I’ve an unhealthy fondness for a black Volvo 480ES also, even though it was never actually that great under that stylish body. Small sports saloons like the Orion Ghia injection, Rover 416 GTi and Volvo 440 GLT (a hatch, I know) would look good in my garage also and give me an excuse to keep clear of swmbo without resorting to the gym all the time.