What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
VW Caddy - Ulez scrappage scheme V5 issue - anyname

Hi all hope someone can help. I have recently applied to have my van scrapped for the ULEZ scrappage scheme in London. They asked me to send pages 1 &2 of my V5, which I did. Today they responded saying that the Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) is not displayed on my V5 and so I'm not eligible for the scheme. Ive just called DVLA and they say its not printed on the V5 as the info was not made available at the time of registration; they say in order to get a fresh V5 i will need get a " Certificate of conformity" from the manufacturer. Im about to call VW about this but somehow I dont expect this will be a walk in the park, and will probably end up not getting anything from this scrappage scheme except debt, and possible be without a job.

VW Caddy - Ulez scrappage scheme V5 issue - elekie&a/c doctor
Good luck with that . Some manufacturers make it very difficult to get a COC . It may cost upwards of £250 . Think you’ve got more chance of getting the next plane into space.
VW Caddy - Ulez scrappage scheme V5 issue - _
Good luck with that . Some manufacturers make it very difficult to get a COC . It may cost upwards of £250 . Think you’ve got more chance of getting the next plane into space.

I paid £400 for mine 35 years ago.. Lotus....

VW Caddy - Ulez scrappage scheme V5 issue - RT

All my Vauxhalls had the COC included in the original document pack

VW Caddy - Ulez scrappage scheme V5 issue - Engineer Andy

All my Vauxhalls had the COC included in the original document pack

Ditto with my 17yo Mazda3, which was technically an import from (RHD but speedos in kph) Cyprus.