What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
EV Mobility - mcb100
Part of the electric mobility future?

www.moveelectric.com/e-cars/flatpack-ev-how-luvly-...t

insideevs.com/news/534758/gmd-istream-perfect-for-.../

I’m not saying that this is the future, maybe part of it.

EV Mobility - badbusdriver

I'm a big fan of small cars anyway, and while the usual culprits are looking at EV's to provide ever more outlandish performance for the unnecessarily huge cars so beloved of current car buyers, it is always good to hear of EV's being designed for more modest, useful and practical applications.

Gordon Murray is a true automotive genius, and it was such a shame no manufacturer was brave enough to take on his T25 prototype and the subsequent electric version. The i-stream looks to be an evolution of this.

The flat pack?, I can see the benefits in some circumstances, but not so sure on the whole.

But I am a big fan of the Isetta inspired Evetta, must come close to being the perfect urban runabout, assuming no more than 2 seats are needed! (evetta.com)

EV Mobility - mcb100
I saw (and heard) the GMD T50 at Millbrook a few weeks ago, being driven hard.
It sounds more like a powerful motorbike than a 4 litre V8.
EV Mobility - badbusdriver
I saw (and heard) the GMD T50 at Millbrook a few weeks ago, being driven hard. It sounds more like a powerful motorbike than a 4 litre V8.

It does produce peak power at 11.5k revs.......................!

EV Mobility - Sofa Spud

I always imagined that the starting place for the revival of electric cars would be small, efficient microcars It did begin that way, with the tiny G-Wiz, but that was apparently inadequate in many ways and then the Nissan Leaf family hatchback and the Tesla Model S high-performance executive saloon. So I was largely wrong.

Starting at the upper end of the market has probably raised the reputation of EVs and also speeded up battery development. If the move to EVs had continued in the G-Wiz sector, the tech might have stayed with lead acid batteries, since nobody would have been thinking of a 300 mile range for a commuter microcar that would rarely have the need to exceed 30 mph.

Edited by Sofa Spud on 04/03/2023 at 15:16