What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda CR-V - Honda CR-V 2009 - noise issue - tombond

Hi,

I am a fresh owner of the CR-V 2009. I have took the car to the honda technical checks, and suspension was spot on. However I noticed that when I driving on uneven road surface or small road holes, bumps, manholes etc I feel very unpleasant noise as all this uneven surface transfer to the cabin, like there was no suspension at all.

I don't know if this is normal for this cars, and where to looking for the reason. The suspension has been check by Honda technician with all pass checks. They found that the car is fitted with incorrect tyre size 235/65/R17, where the manufacturing recommendations are 225/65/R17. I'm just wondering if maybe the wrong tyre size and the fact they are budget tyres cause, cause I hear unpleasant noise and feel all bumps and holes in the cabin, or this could be this something else. Do you have any advice or sugestions ?

Kind Regards,

Honda CR-V - Honda CR-V 2009 - noise issue - Topdude

Having owned a CRV (previous model to yours) i would replace all four anti roll bar drop links.

They are not expensive and should be eliminated before anything else.

They can be worn enough to cause knocking / creaking / thumping noises but still look ok when checked.

Honda CR-V - Honda CR-V 2009 - noise issue - Bolt

They can be worn enough to cause knocking / creaking / thumping noises but still look ok when checked.

Yes for some reason they are discounted by garages and blame the knock on dampers when it isn`t.

never been mentioned of tyres though in my experience, Civics have the same thing happen and they don`t need to do high miles to get it, usually areas of a lot of rough roads and humps, reason why I now have to replace mine as they are thudding just as you rise and lower over speed cushions or humps, unless you drive over at a crawl....

Honda CR-V - Honda CR-V 2009 - noise issue - tombond

The front and rear anti-roll bar linkage ball joints has been recently replaced if that's the same what you suggest?

Edited by tombond on 29/08/2022 at 11:12

Honda CR-V - Honda CR-V 2009 - noise issue - Topdude

When i had my CR-V i found the "CR-V owners club" forums useful. There is a sub forum for each generation (yours is a gen 3) suggest you join and ask there. Lots of helpful people there with good knowledge of CR-Vs.