What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Civic 2013 - Any idea what causes Airbag light to come on? - pete2000

Hi All

Just wondering about my Civic 2013. A red airbag light came on.

There's been no accidents or anything so just wondering if it's likely an expensive repair (just a rough idea of best case/worst case?). Everyone's getting hit with charges so hopefully it's not a massive deal.

Just as a side note the neighbour's kids are always playing football near my car. Can a football trigger or damage a sensor or is that highly unlikely from outside the vehicle. It's an annoyance I put up with but worth a question before I tell anyone off :)

many thanks!

Honda Civic 2013 - Any idea what causes Airbag light to come on? - elekie&a/c doctor
There are impact sensors around the car, but are triggered during crash event . Football has no effect. Best case it’s a wiring fault under the seats or belt buckles. Worst case it needs a new module, about £600 .
Honda Civic 2013 - Any idea what causes Airbag light to come on? - Gibbo_Wirral

Is the battery OK? My diesel had a petrol battery on it and in Winter every Monday without fail the airbag light would come on after the car had been stood all weekend.

Honda Civic 2013 - Any idea what causes Airbag light to come on? - pete2000

Thank you all for your responses. Good to know it's unlikely the footballs or whatnot.

I believe battery is fine. I am going to get it checked out. It disappeared for a bit then came back so I'm hoping it's a loose wire somewhere and won't be too crazy. Depending on the nature of the fault I may be able to get AA to cover bulk of cost as I pay for their parts/garage cover so fingers crossed.

Cheers.