What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
New Car - Suzuki Ignis - Cintrapark

So I'm in the marketing for a new car and have been toing and froing between a number of cars. Toyota is too expensive and I can't seem to find any decent Kias or Hyundai models. I live in a city and have a baby. Most of the driving will be local but we will drive on the motorway (four hours or so) once a year.

I just read about the Suzuki Ignis and it seems to be a great little car that is also fun to drive. Any thoughts? A friend also recommended the Citroen C3 but the former looks like more fun.

New Car - Suzuki Ignis - badbusdriver

We have a Suzuki Ignis and it is indeed a fantastic little car. I would avoid the entry level SZ3 if finances allow as this gets you the flexibility of the two separate sliding rear seats rather than a fixed three person bench. The Ignis has a narrow cabin, so three on the back seat would be a very tight squeeze!. The entry level car also does without some of the safety features. With the two separate rear seats, each one can be slid forward by something like 25cm, but even with them in their rearmost positions, the boot is still a very acceptable size.

The C3 is now available in a cheaper entry level spec because the C1 is no longer available, it is quite a bit bigger on the outside, but I very much doubt rear passengers would have as much space as in the Ignis.

New Car - Suzuki Ignis - Cintrapark

Great to hear - thanks!

New Car - Suzuki Ignis - Alby Back
My 85 year old father in law likes his Ignis.
He also like elastic waisted trousers, Velcro fastening shoes and Bargain Hunt.
But of course, that could just be a coincidence.
;-)
My 85 year old father in law likes his Ignis. He also like elastic waisted trousers, Velcro fastening shoes and Bargain Hunt. But of course, that could just be a coincidence. ;-)

Sounds like a Merc E Class would be a better fit then.

Heh heh! Maybe so!
;-)
New Car - Suzuki Ignis - paul 1963

If you fancy a suzuki take a look at the swift as well, being lower it would be better on a motorway, I had the previous generation and was truly a fun car to drive.

New Car - Suzuki Ignis - ExA35Owner

We like our Ignis - on our second one (first one lost an argument with a wall while avoiding an argument with a mad driver in another car).

We have the 4WD version - have rarely used the 4WD but find it reassuring with the need to travel on roads that are not gritted or ploughed in winter. Boot impressive for a small car; comfortable even on a long run. Reliable too.Slightly raised driving position is a bonus.Probably not the best car for rallying though!

We compared it with Fiat Panda 4WD and the Suzuki won hands down.

We like our Ignis - on our second one (first one lost an argument with a wall while avoiding an argument with a mad driver in another car).

We have the 4WD version - have rarely used the 4WD but find it reassuring with the need to travel on roads that are not gritted or ploughed in winter. Boot impressive for a small car; comfortable even on a long run. Reliable too.Slightly raised driving position is a bonus.Probably not the best car for rallying though!

We compared it with Fiat Panda 4WD and the Suzuki won hands down.

Slight irony there because the original shape Ignis was a very popular and successful choice in lower powered and/or amateur classes of rallying!.

Had a brief lift from a colleague in Milan yesterday in his new-ish Panda 4x4. Couldn’t help liking it, but it did seem very much at home in the narrow shortcuts and streets of an Italian city. Not sure it would scan as well here. Like many Italians, he asked rather more of its little engine, brakes and handling than seemed reasonable to a Brit, but it didn’t seem to mind.