What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Skoda fabia 1.0tsi se estate - Taxi - _

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=160196

A while back, asked SLO the question above about a sandero, and my taxi mate has gone fot the car in the make and model line, 36000 miles £7800 nett. already registered as a taxi, but owner retiring.

20 reg.. looks like new, as it is someone who looks after his cars.

Opinion Slo..??

Edited by _ORB_ on 01/05/2022 at 12:57

Skoda fabia 1.0tsi se estate - Taxi - badbusdriver

Pretty spacious car for a supermini with a very large boot, the 1.0TSI seems reliable and is very efficient.

If he needs to carry three large adults on the rear seat they might be a little peeved, otherwise I don't see any problem.

Skoda fabia 1.0tsi se estate - Taxi - thunderbird

The Fabia is indeed spacious for a "supermini" and the estate boot is huge but the rear space would not make me happy if one turned up to collect 4 of us for an airport run. The cases would fit but it would be tight for the 3 in the back especially if the driver has the seat way back.

If you compare dimensions a Fabia is virtually the same size externally as a Mk 3 Golf and at the time that was in the family hatch category. Shows how cars have bloated over the years.

Skoda fabia 1.0tsi se estate - Taxi - Bromptonaut

As a Fabia owner I agree about the boot, which has just happily swallowed my Brompton stored upright at one side being at the expense of the rear cabin.

We often use mine for two of us but SFAIR the only rear seat passenger was a female colleague I give a lift home after offsite training. She's quite tall, maybe nearly six feet and I don't think she'd have been comfortable for long.

Skoda fabia 1.0tsi se estate - Taxi - SLO76
I like the Fabia and there’s no reason not to buy one as a small family car but I wouldn’t run a small capacity petrol motor like this as a taxi. While this particular engine hasn’t flagged up any inherent issues I’m aware of its rare to see any big mileage examples so we just don’t know how it would stand up to 40/50k P/A taxi use. To me they’re way too small also. I wouldn’t rush to call out a driver I knew had a cramped supermini that’s really not much bigger in the back than a Fiesta. Again, I’d go a size up and I’d either go older or spend more on a Toyota Auris or Corolla hybrid instead, both of which are well liked by the taxi trade for their robust and long lived running gear and general reliability. It’s a no brainer for me regarding what I’d buy to taxi with.