What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Fiesta. Jazz. Yaris, Note, silver or grey colour - Buying a used car - 4 different models on wishli - Patricia Yaris

I'm considering buying a 2 - 4 year old small car and want to set up one search to locate all models for sale within a specific distance. When I bought my current car, a Toyota Yaris in 2010 I was able to locate desired cars easily in one search by ticking multiple boxes for each model and colour. I haven't used any car websites since then and thought I had used Autotrader back then but looking at that site today there does not seem to be a way of setting up a search for more than one model.

I like the higher driving position of the 1.33 Yaris and my only complaint is that it's not fast enough on motorways but as most of my driving is in the city it's not a great problem. It may have saved me getting speeding points. Should I add other small cars to my list.

Can anyone suggest a website to use . I will set the search for a weekly report until I have a better idea of the market and am close to buying.

Fiesta. Jazz. Yaris, Note, silver or grey colour - Buying a used car - 4 different models on wishli - badbusdriver

You can search for more than one model on Ebay, and as far as I recall you can specify colours. But I have no idea if there is some system where you will be alerted if a new car fitting your requirements goes up for sale.

Fiesta. Jazz. Yaris, Note, silver or grey colour - Buying a used car - 4 different models on wishli - madf

You can search for more than one model on Ebay, and as far as I recall you can specify colours. But I have no idea if there is some system where you will be alerted if a new car fitting your requirements goes up for sale.

When you search in ebay, you are asked if you want to save search. Yes

Then if you want to receive email when new ones come onto ebay.Yes

Job Done

Fiesta. Jazz. Yaris, Note, silver or grey colour - Buying a used car - 4 different models on wishli - Patricia Yaris

I use ebay for small purchases and the save search function is very good. I don't think I want to buy an expensive car on there. I want to use a car sales website Thanks for the suggestion though.

Fiesta. Jazz. Yaris, Note, silver or grey colour - Buying a used car - 4 different models on wishli - Crickleymal

I use ebay for small purchases and the save search function is very good. I don't think I want to buy an expensive car on there. I want to use a car sales website Thanks for the suggestion though.

But many dealers use eBay so effectively it is a car sales website

Fiesta. Jazz. Yaris, Note, silver or grey colour - Buying a used car - 4 different models on wishli - _

But many dealers use eBay so effectively it is a car sales website

If buying from a Dealer on Ebay, you still have your consumer rightd.

Buying from a private seller, a lot tiskier,

Fiesta. Jazz. Yaris, Note, silver or grey colour - Buying a used car - 4 different models on wishli - bathtub tom
I like the higher driving position of the 1.33 Yaris and my only complaint is that it's not fast enough on motorways

My bog standard,1.3 Yaris will do 80MPH in third before the rev limiter cuts in and I've then got three more gears. How fast do you want to go?

Fiesta. Jazz. Yaris, Note, silver or grey colour - Buying a used car - 4 different models on wishli - Big John

My bog standard,1.3 Yaris will do 80MPH in third before the rev limiter cuts in and I've then got three more gears. How fast do you want to go?

There lies the problem with some smaller cc less powerful non turbo petrol cars - you can get up to speed ok but you have to rev them somewhat to do so, Our 1.2 Panda is the same as is my sister's 1.3 Jazz.

I'm more impressed with small cc turbo petrol cars though. On a motorway my 1.4 tsi Superb does about 2300 rpm at 70 and pulls strongly at that speed without changing down a gear or two.

Edited by Big John on 24/03/2022 at 13:31

My Yaris drives OK at 60mph but is slow getting to 70 and is very slow at overtaking other cars at that speed. My previous car, a Fiesta 1.25, was like a rocket in comparison and I used to travel a lot longer distances back then. Most of my journeys now are in 20 - 50 mph speed limit areas but I may be moving later this year to a more rural area where I would be using the motorway more.

Do you have a website recommendation for me?

Fiesta. Jazz. Yaris, Note, silver or grey colour - Buying a used car - 4 different models on wishli - badbusdriver

My Yaris drives OK at 60mph but is slow getting to 70 and is very slow at overtaking other cars at that speed.

Then there is something wrong with it.

A 2010 Yaris 1.33 has 101bhp, a top speed of 109mph and a 0-60 time of 11.1 seconds.

We used to have a Daihatsu Sirion 1.0, closely related to your Yaris under the skin, it had 68bhp and had no trouble maintaining 80mph on motorways or dual carriageways (unless going uphill).

My previous car, a Fiesta 1.25, was like a rocket in comparison

The most powerful version of the 1.25 in a Fiesta has 82bhp (2009-2017), but the quickest accelerating would be the 1996-2001 (MK4/5) with less power (75bhp) but less weight to carry round. This does 0-60 in 12.1 seconds and tops out at 106mph.

Fiesta. Jazz. Yaris, Note, silver or grey colour - Buying a used car - 4 different models on wishli - daveyjp

No problem with our Yaris 1.5 accelerating from 60-80 in 6th gear. Happily cruises at motorway speeds and gives 50mpg minimum.

No expensive turbo to go wrong either.

Fiesta. Jazz. Yaris, Note, silver or grey colour - Buying a used car - 4 different models on wishli - MGspannerman

My Yaris drives OK at 60mph but is slow getting to 70 and is very slow at overtaking other cars at that speed.

Then there is something wrong with it.

A 2010 Yaris 1.33 has 101bhp, a top speed of 109mph and a 0-60 time of 11.1 seconds.

We used to have a Daihatsu Sirion 1.0, closely related to your Yaris under the skin, it had 68bhp and had no trouble maintaining 80mph on motorways or dual carriageways (unless going uphill).

My previous car, a Fiesta 1.25, was like a rocket in comparison

The most powerful version of the 1.25 in a Fiesta has 82bhp (2009-2017), but the quickest accelerating would be the 1996-2001 (MK4/5) with less power (75bhp) but less weight to carry round. This does 0-60 in 12.1 seconds and tops out at 106mph.

Our 1.33 66 reg Yaris is absolutely fine on the motorway. 6th gear is for cruising and accelerating, the gearbox does need to be used to keep up a good average speed.

Fiesta. Jazz. Yaris, Note, silver or grey colour - Buying a used car - 4 different models on wishli - alan1302

is slow getting to 70 and is very slow at overtaking other cars at that speed.

Pretty sure any car you get when going 70mph will overtake exactly at the same slowness then :-)

Fiesta. Jazz. Yaris, Note, silver or grey colour - Buying a used car - 4 different models on wishli - sajid

Got a 15 plate yaris deisel similar performance to a 1.5 petrol economy is like a 1 litre petrol

When choosing a yaris i wanted a deisel the 1.4 d4d has a turbo so 0 60 time is 10.5 sec

When i bought it i changed the filters air fuel and pollen all made a difference to driving

Fiesta. Jazz. Yaris, Note, silver or grey colour - Buying a used car - 4 different models on wishli - bazza

Why not add the Suzuki swift to your list? All are peppy things to drive. Don't forget some engines are naturally free revving and feel more zippy than others, whereas in fact, performance may be similar. The fiesta 1.25 Yamaha engine is one such very revvy and pleasant motor. If you don't like using the gears, best consider a small petrol turbo perhaps, like the 1.0 TSI vag unit or the swift 1.0 boosterjet. Otherwise your list is full of decent cars!