What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Hyundai I10 or Skoda CitiGo - thirts

Hi,

My daughter, who is not a confident driver, is looking for a replacement car as her current one is about to go to the scrapyard in the sky.

The I10 and CitiGo seem equally perfect for her, however, for a similar specification (age, mileage, doors) the Skodo appears to be commanding between £500 - 800 more in price. This is from a main dealer, which is where she will buy the car from

Anyone know what justifies this premium for the Skoda, and does anyone have views about the merits or otherwise of such cars for a newish driver who needs reliability, easy to drive and park, cheap running costs, and avoid attracting the wrong kind of attention regarding catalysts converters (the current one was hacked off whilst parked in the street at work - despite it being a 20 year old car)

Edited by thirts on 08/09/2021 at 10:26

Hyundai I10 or Skoda CitiGo - SLO76
Both are perfectly decent little cars but I personally favour the cheaper Hyundai or it’s cousin the Kia Picanto. The i10 has a 5yr unlimited mileage manufacturer warranty and the Kia has 7yrs or 100,000 miles both of which are the best in the business. Buy an approved used example from a main dealer that has a full dealer history and you’ll have the reminder and complete peace of mind.
Hyundai I10 or Skoda CitiGo - badbusdriver

As SLO says, both decent cars. All I'd add is that the i10 is a bit more refined. Also, be aware that the Citigo, along with the VW Up and Seat Mii (the same cars barring badges) are strick 4 seaters. The i10, along with the Picanto, have 5 seat belts. Not that 5 would be comfortable in there, especially the Picanto, but handy to have the option to squeeze 3 into the back seat if needed!.

Hyundai I10 or Skoda CitiGo - up north

Hyundai i10 1.2 is good. Better performance and better kit and won't be much more insurance wise than the 1.0 ltr. Daughter has has has a Seat Mii last few years and nice to drive and an ideal first car. The Skoda citigo blue colour edition is still an eye catcher. Driven all three and more enjoyable than a fiesta 1.25. Small alloys means cheap premium brand tyres. Also parts are cheap.