What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Non ULEZ compliant - ULEZ London - scrapping car - best route? - whoami

With the extension of the ULEZ zone in London expanding to greater London, I now need to consider scrapping my car. Probably not worth selling, so just thinking of just scrapping it.

Anyone else done this in London? What's the best places to consider such service, where they'll pay a nominal sum for the car, pick up and sort out paperwork?

Such as Car Take Back? Any others?

Could I actually get a quote now and pencil in a collection date, so as to book it in now? If so, would I be able to cancel / re-arrange later on?

Thanks for any advice.

Non ULEZ compliant - ULEZ London - scrapping car - best route? - elekie&a/c doctor
I’ve used these people a few times with no issues www.removemycar.co.uk/?msclkid=d79ce94eaf611ea241e...2
Non ULEZ compliant - ULEZ London - scrapping car - best route? - Wasabi

www.trents.co.uk

Thanks for your suggestions both

Non ULEZ compliant - ULEZ London - scrapping car - best route? - Engineer Andy

With the extension of the ULEZ zone in London expanding to greater London, I now need to consider scrapping my car. Probably not worth selling, so just thinking of just scrapping it.

Anyone else done this in London? What's the best places to consider such service, where they'll pay a nominal sum for the car, pick up and sort out paperwork?

Such as Car Take Back? Any others?

Could I actually get a quote now and pencil in a collection date, so as to book it in now? If so, would I be able to cancel / re-arrange later on?

Thanks for any advice.

Given the shortages in the car market at present, you might be pleasantly surprised if you sold your car, assuming it is in serviceable condition and not falling apart. If it was ok, but just 'old', I'm sure someone would take it off your hands who was living not that far away in say the home counties. How you sell it is open to debate - it really depends upon its age, condition and value.

Not bad advice there - thanks.

Might look into it as it does drive and may still provide someone not affected by ULEZ some service ...

Non ULEZ compliant - ULEZ London - scrapping car - best route? - kiss (keep it simple)

If it has a reasonably long MOT and has no major faults it should sell. Look on the famous auction site for completed listings to get an idea. Even if you sell it for next to nothing it saves the hassle of scrapping it. There are always people who need a cheap car in a hurry. Just be honest in the listing, mention all the faults so there is no comeback. No sensible person expects perfection at a bargain price.

Non ULEZ compliant - ULEZ London - scrapping car - best route? - Engineer Andy

Not bad advice there - thanks.

Might look into it as it does drive and may still provide someone not affected by ULEZ some service ...

I presume you've checked it against the Transport for London database for which cars will still be allowed in without the extra charge? Diesels need to be EU6 and petrols only EU4 (my car was built in 2005 is an EU4 petrol) to be able to get in without being charged the extra. It's diesels that are going to be hit the hardest, because the EU6 emissions regs were far more recent - around 2015/16 I think (please correct me if I'm wrong)

If it doesn't, you never know if someone not that far away (outside the ULEZ) might be able to make good use of it and take it off your hands for the price of a nice holiday.