What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo Estate TDdi - Fuel leak - Chris1969

Not so much of a leak but I am struggling having replaced a lift pump which sits under the car below the fuel tank. When I removed the existing pump and disconnect the fuel line into the pump, it was dry, no diesel came gushing out, which was good (given I have a full tank of fuel). Having installed the new pump I noticed a leak when I started up the car. So I removed the pump to resolve the problem but now I'm getting a constant stream of diesel from the fuel line coming from the tank. Makes no sense to me as it wasn't doing this when I removed the old pump. Even though I've done my best to block the quick connector, it's still dripping and I don't really want to drain the entire fuel tank whilst I'm waiting for a new part.

Any ideas how I stop the fuel coming out of the fuel line ?

Thanks.

Ford Mondeo Estate TDdi - Fuel leak - elekie&a/c doctor
Mondeo diesels are not fitted with a lift pump below the tank . So not too sure what is leaking .
Ford Mondeo Estate TDdi - Fuel leak - focussed
Mondeo diesels are not fitted with a lift pump below the tank . So not too sure what is leaking .

That's strange - ebay is full of adverts selling replacement electric fuel pumps for diesel Mondeos.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191473597381?