What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Turbo checklist - Will Reekie

So I am wondering do all uk garages have the same procedures for car repairs?

Basically I had a turbo replaced, and a month later the turbo has failed. Cut a long story short, the car still had faults, and the garage tried to diagnose the actual fault. They cleaned out the EGR valve and replaced the MAP sensor seal. The fault then narrowed it down to a mechanical fault with the turbo. I believe the turbo would be fine if they had cleaned it before replacing the turbo. They said it was full and dirty, so I'm thinking because of that it caused the turbo to fail.

Is there a checklist that all garages adhere too? Is there a MUST DO THIS CHECKLIST when replacing a turbo?

Thanks

Turbo checklist - Gibbo_Wirral

A lot of garages fail to replace the turbo oil feed pipe - which is quite often blocked , so replaced turbos keep failing.

I'd guess most places follow the Autodata procedures.

Turbo checklist - SLO76
The turbo failed for a reason, most likely oil starvation and thus if the problem wasn’t sorted when the new turbo was fitted then the same fault will cause it to fail again. They don’t just wear out these days unless they’ve done interstellar mileages. Out of curiosity what was the car?
Hi the car is a 2009 Kia carens 2.0 crdi.
And if it had something to do with the oil would that be down to the garage who fitted it?
Turbo checklist - edlithgow

I believe the turbo would be fine if they had cleaned it before replacing the turbo. They said it was full and dirty, so I'm thinking because of that it caused the turbo to fail.

OK, I can roughly guess what "dirty" might mean, used to describe a turbo.

I'm finding it a bit hard to imagine what "full" might mean, though.

Turbo checklist - _

Full of soot?

I was mentioning about the egr valve, the garage said it was full and dirty. So I would imagine it was full or carbon build up or door something like that. I just want to know should that of been cleaned out before replacing the turbo?