What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fusion 1.6 DIESEL CITY 2005 - FORD FUSION - EAC FAIL - Jay8484

Hi everyone. Hope someone may be able to help me.

Purchased a ford fusion, it is suffering from an EAC FAIL. the previous owner had a new throttle body installed as they were told that was the issue. however, it still displays EAC error

The car can drive fine, however for example on the motorway, the car has zero boost, it can struggle to get over 50mph with any form of hill being present.

I have taken it to the mehcanic and they seemed stumped on how to fix it.

the two errors the car diagnostics displaying are

PO122 - throttle body sensor a - circuit low input

PO222 - throttle position sensor b - circuit low input

Any help would really be appreciated.

I'm not very technically minded with vehicles, but anything you can advise i can then take to my mechanic, thank you in advance.

Edited by Jay8484 on 16/08/2021 at 18:46

Ford Fusion 1.6 DIESEL CITY 2005 - FORD FUSION - EAC FAIL - bathtub tom

This has been dealt with a few times before. I suggest you google EAC FAIL and look at the solutions - there doesn't seem to be a single fix.

Ford Fusion 1.6 DIESEL CITY 2005 - FORD FUSION - EAC FAIL - elekie&a/c doctor

As it's a diesel , then it doesn't really have a conventional throttle body that you would find on a petrol engine variant. I would be looking at possible electronic throttle pedal or wiring issues .

Thanks for the reply.

the previous owner has purchased a new throttle body as they believed that would have been the error. Could you suggest what wiring etc I could ask my mechanic to look into? thank s

Ford Fusion 1.6 DIESEL CITY 2005 - FORD FUSION - EAC FAIL - Big John

Thanks for the reply.

the previous owner has purchased a new throttle body as they believed that would have been the error. Could you suggest what wiring etc I could ask my mechanic to look into? thank s

But diesels don't have a throttle body per say? They usually have an EGR valve though.

Thanks for the reply. unfortunately i searched previous eac posts and couldn't find one with the same error code/symptoms combination that i currently have.