What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Toyota Yaris Verso 2011 to 2017 - Any experience of this car - Steveieb

Has anyone owned or tried this rare Yaris which did not sell in great numbers like the Mk 1?

Toyota Yaris Verso 2011 to 2017 - Any experience of this car - Oli rag
I think there was a small car called a verso S, I do remember seeing one on the road, but don’t think they made them for very long.
Toyota Yaris Verso 2011 to 2017 - Any experience of this car - Steveieb

Yes you are right Verso S

Toyota Yaris Verso 2011 to 2017 - Any experience of this car - badbusdriver

There is a grand total of 16 nationwide on Autotrader!.

No personal experience of the car, but I'd have one no problem at all though. Toyota reliability in a (more or less) Yaris sized package with added space and practicality, what's not to like?.

BTW, though they may have been in production till 2017, I don't think they were sold in this country past 2013 due to poor sales.

Toyota Yaris Verso 2011 to 2017 - Any experience of this car - mcb100
The first generation Yaris Verso would come into Toyota dealers as part exchanges and have a waiting list of customers looking for one.
If the second gen car is the same, it may be worth leaving your details with the used car team at your local Toyota centre.
The first generation Yaris Verso would come into Toyota dealers as part exchanges and have a waiting list of customers looking for one. If the second gen car is the same, it may be worth leaving your details with the used car team at your local Toyota centre.

The first gen car, good as it was from practicality point of view, was a somewhat challenging looking thing!.

Given the youngest Verso S you will find in this country is going to be 8 years old, I'm not sure how likely it is one will turn up at a dealer, but I guess you never know!.

Toyota Yaris Verso 2011 to 2017 - Any experience of this car - Nick Seddon

Long-time Verso-S owner here!

We bought ours in 2012; I have never heard of it until the dealer showed us one while we were considering whether any of the current models would suit us. At the time it was mainly for my wife to drive; she wanted a car with reversing sensors but the glass roof and reversing camera on this car clinched it!

We've been very happy with it and have no plans to replace it. As far as I know it uses the same engine as the Yaris of the time. It is fine when I'm driving on my own or with my wife, but it can feel rather underpowered with a full load of passengers and luggage.

Also worth noting that the wheels and tyres are larger than on the Yaris (185/60R16 rather than 175/65R15) and replacement tyres are more expensive.

I wonder if sales would have been better if Toyota had offered the option of a bigger engine. According to the manual, there was a diesel option but I don't think this was offered in the UK. It was known as the Ractis in other markets.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Ractis

I wonder if sales would have been better if Toyota had offered the option of a bigger engine. According to the manual, there was a diesel option but I don't think this was offered in the UK. It was known as the Ractis in other markets.

Not sure a bigger engine would have made a huge difference to the sales, I think it was a combination of price and lack of marketing. Yes, the engine and gearbox (manual or CVT auto) are exactly the same as the Yaris. And in other markets, it was available with a n/a 1.5 which, if memory serves, makes around 105-110bhp. The diesel was a 1.4 and in addition to various Toyota's, actually found its way under the bonnet of the first (BMW) gen Mini!.

Toyota Yaris Verso 2011 to 2017 - Any experience of this car - SLO76
Well made and mechanically robust. Wasn’t really marketed by Toyota GB because it cost a lot more to bring into the country from Japan compared to the standard French built Yaris. Awkward styling didn’t help either. Nothing wrong with them though.