What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
citroen grand c4 - corrosion warranty - tbg

hello all

Just a little question. I've just got a letter from my local citroen dealer saying as part of my corrosion policy warranty the car needs an inspection at a cost of £55 , is this the new norm as I've never heard of this before and do other manufactures do this .

regards

citroen grand c4 - corrosion warranty - Oli rag
I think the corrosion warranty inspection is usually done at the same time as a service.

Does this mean you get your servicing done at an independent garage rather than a Citroen dealer?

How old is the car?
citroen grand c4 - corrosion warranty - Xileno

I was never charged extra for mine at the Ford dealer as it was hidden in the service charge no doubt.

citroen grand c4 - corrosion warranty - tbg

I've never been aware of a corrosion inspection let alone paying for it or if not done that it could affect the warranty. I've only owned the car for 9 months and is due a service. I've still to decide to where to get it done.

citroen grand c4 - corrosion warranty - Oli rag
A corrosion inspection is required on most cars to keep up the anti perforation warranty, they’ll do it during the service if a Citroen main dealer does it. If a non franchise garage do it your anti perforation warranty will be invalid.