What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
i10 - Hyundai Goodwill ? - Prof_33

Dealer currently has my 2014 i10 (sub 20,000 mils from new) for minor electrical fault. Has just reported start of oil leak from gearbox, plus possible contamination of clutch. Repair quote incl new clutch circa £ 900. Service desk intimated they have seen this fault previously. I have a longstanding relationship with the dealership whom, rightly or wrongly, I regard as trustworthy. Since vehicle is less than two years out of warranty I'm inclined to try for a goodwill contribution from manufacturer. Can't find much previous comment on Hyundai's goodwill track record. Details of any previous experience appreciated.

i10 - Hyundai Goodwill ? - _

The dealer is the best perons to ask for you.

Do you have a full on time service history from Hyundai dealers?

you can always get a quote from an infependant.

My neighbours kia clutch was done for less than £300 at an independant here in Colchester.

Kia were a fortune.

i10 - Hyundai Goodwill ? - daveyK_UK
Hyundai record all servicing and work on a central computer, they will know if your car has been properly serviced and if so this should support them offering to contribute towards your repair.

I assume being a 14 plate this was the newer shape i10 with the 1.0 or 1.2 and not the older shape that only came in a 1.2 and had a common clutch problem that never got sorted out?

Edited by daveyK_UK on 28/04/2021 at 18:26

i10 - Hyundai Goodwill ? - blindspot

or is it engine oil leak