What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
What has happened to SLO ? - Steveieb

First we lost Gordon Bennet then the very sad news about Avant, but we are missing the brilliant and succinct comments from our man in the trade SLO.

Please please return to our screens, to keep us in check SLO !

What has happened to SLO ? - badbusdriver

First we lost Gordon Bennet then the very sad news about Avant, but we are missing the brilliant and succinct comments from our man in the trade SLO.

Please please return to our screens, to keep us in check SLO !

The last time he disappeared for a while was after someone questioned his experience and knowledge.

As far as I am aware, same thing here. There was a thread where someone who was thinking of buying a Merc A Class, and who currently owned an Ecoboost engined Focus. There was something of a disagreement between him and SLO regarding the extent (or existence) of the Ecoboost problems. That was the last I recall hearing from him.

Can't really blame him, it must get tiresome when attempts to help someone, or steer them in the direction of a car more likely to be reliable, are thrown back in his face.

What has happened to SLO ? - _

My neighbour got rid of fis fiesta ecoboost after various minor problems following the recall.

I would think a lot about any vehicle out of warranty, even if the problems are "allegedly sorted"

What has happened to SLO ? - Lee Power

Ecoboom & Aquaboost as 2 of my friends who are both ex Ford main technicians call them.

What has happened to SLO ? - Bolt

I would think a lot about any vehicle out of warranty, even if the problems are "allegedly sorted"

Most people would, but I have, like some of my mates advised people over the years not to get certain cars, but they have ignored the advice and bought because they like the car (regardless of its reliability) then complained months later its gone wrong.

We don`t advise anymore.

What has happened to SLO ? - Will deBeast

I miss the sage advice from SLO.

What has happened to SLO ? - Oli rag

Please come back SLO we miss your knowledge.

What has happened to SLO ? - Xileno

I've had another read of the original thread in question. I can't see that there was anything else we could do as moderators, there were strong opposing views but we can't suppress different positions because of that otherwise we could be accused of censorship and there might not be much left ;-)

I also miss SLO's knowledge so will drop him a short and polite email. There is a precedent for such action, it's been done over the years by different moderators and if the forum had a PM facility people could do it for themselves.

What has happened to SLO ? - Metropolis.

Must be a SLO news day. I'll get my coat...

i hope he comes back too but sometimes people just move on or have new interests outside of forum life.

What has happened to SLO ? - joegrundy

SLO always seemed to me to be the mate you wish you had who knew about cars, who'd come and check over a car with you, then give you straight talk about it over a pint.

His experience and expertise are very valuable to this forum

What has happened to SLO ? - expat

I agree with all the above. He was knowledgeable and generous with his help. A gentleman who contributed a lot to the forum.

Just had a nice reply from SLO. He's fine and is honoured that he's been missed and mentioned. He passes on his regards to the regulars. He says he's been extremely busy and hasn't had time to devote to the forum. He's been busy keeping his hand in buying cars on behalf of other people and spending their money. I seem to remember he always enjoyed that!

He's happy for us to facilitate exchange of email addresses if anyone wants an opinion or just a catch up. Send an email to the moderators and we will forward it on to him.

What has happened to SLO ? - nick62

He's happy for us to facilitate exchange of email addresses if anyone wants an opinion or just a catch up. Send an email to the moderators and we will forward it on to him.

Good news and nice to know.

What has happened to SLO ? - johncyprus

I do miss his posts. Nice to know he’s there if needed.

He said to me that he intends returning to the forum when he's got more time.

What has happened to SLO ? - nellyjak

Good to know that SLO is ok....his advice is usually very wise advice.

What has happened to SLO ? - mcintosh

He said to me that he intends returning to the forum when he's got more time.

Good to hear. Always enjoyed reading about his car-buying adventures and sounds like he might have some new stories to tell.

What has happened to SLO ? - SLO76
Just noticed this. Mucho touched. Will promise to pop in more often.
What has happened to SLO ? - Engineer Andy
Just noticed this. Mucho touched. Will promise to pop in more often.

You're now probably the closest we'll get to having HJ back. You don't own a trilby hat, perchance?

“ You're now probably the closest we'll get to having HJ back. You don't own a trilby hat, perchance?”

Always liked the look, I may invest in one.
What has happened to SLO ? - _

Nice to see you back Mr Slo.

What has happened to SLO ? - Sprice

Nice to see you back Mr Slo.

Agreed

What has happened to SLO ? - Chris M

Trilby???

Surely a Tam O'Shanter

cazaar.co.uk/tam-oshanter-scottish-hat?gclid=Cj0KC...B

(Hope mods don't mind this link to a commercial site - no connection, just possibly a good likeness :) )

(Hope mods don't mind this link to a commercial site - no connection, just possibly a good likeness :) )

Can't see any problem. Rather fancy one myself... ;-)

Trilby???

Surely a Tam O'Shanter

cazaar.co.uk/tam-oshanter-scottish-hat?gclid=Cj0KC...B

Ha! Used to flog these by the box load in my wee shop.
What has happened to SLO ? - Engineer Andy
“ You're now probably the closest we'll get to having HJ back. You don't own a trilby hat, perchance?” Always liked the look, I may invest in one.

If I recall, I did once see a photo of HJ wearing a tartan (it could've been tweed) one, just in case you might be wondering about a Scottish version.

I must admit being now 'of the age' (late 40s) that 'dadwear' is for some reason beginning to start looking nice... :-)

What has happened to SLO ? - concrete

Welcome back SLO. Nice to hear of someone being very busy during lockdown. Sure helps the time go by quickly.

Cheers Concrete