What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford B-MAX - B-Max Zetec 1.5 Tdci 75PS (2015) - Paddy_2011

I'm about to buy the B-Max 1.5 Tdci 75PS (2015) with 47000 miles on the clock. I would really like to know the opinions about this particular car. I'm going to use it to drive around with my disabled daughter. We are a family of 3, and for my small cleaning business. Should I go for it or should I opt for some different engine? How reliable the car is? Thanks for all the info in advance.

Ford B-MAX - B-Max Zetec 1.5 Tdci 75PS (2015) - _

Some essential reading for you then.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ford/b-max-2011/

Be careful with the sliding doors.

neighour has a petrol one (1.4) is happy.

6 year old diesel., service history? if powershift auto/semiauto be very careful.

Ford B-MAX - B-Max Zetec 1.5 Tdci 75PS (2015) - Paddy_2011

Thank you for the input. It is Diesel 1.5 manual. I would be the second owner. It's from Auto Clark dealership and they offer me an extended warranty (I need to pay for it of course).

Ford B-MAX - B-Max Zetec 1.5 Tdci 75PS (2015) - SLO76
As long as you do a regular longer distance run at 50mph or so to allow for DPF regeneration and it’s been serviced correctly then you should be fine. The best engines in these for reliability are the Yamaha designed 1400 petrols but they struggle with the weight of the B-Max.
Ford B-MAX - B-Max Zetec 1.5 Tdci 75PS (2015) - badbusdriver

What I have found out about these through owners reviews is that, a, the sliding doors are surprisingly heavy to operate and, b, the bottom corners of the sliding doors (leading edge) are apparently very sharp.

Don’t rate them myself and I certainly wouldn’t bother with the diesel unless you do a lot of miles. Though as SLO says, they are heavy cars (extra strengthening for that enormous hole in the side for both doors with no pillar) so the torque of the diesel might be better to deal with the weight. We used to have the predecessor to the B Max, the Fusion, personally I think that’s a much better car.

Ford B-MAX - B-Max Zetec 1.5 Tdci 75PS (2015) - badbusdriver

If you haven't committed to the B Max yet, I'd suggest holding off and having a look at the Kia Venga and its kissing cousin the Hyundai ix20.

Ford B-MAX - B-Max Zetec 1.5 Tdci 75PS (2015) - tim10597

We had the 1.6TDCi Titanium. It was an excellent car, economical (55mpg+), versatile as the seats fold easily and the front passenger seat folds flat too. I agree the rear sliding doors are heavy, but whilst we had the car it was absolutely faultless, did everything we asked of it and is a car I’d certainly look at again. We replaced it with an Ecosport, which was also far better than the reviews suggested, and now have a Fiesta in its place.

Am I biased? Probably, we are a Ford family, and we have an excellent family owned and run dealership that look after us. If you think the B-MAX will do what you need, then I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with it.

Ford B-MAX - B-Max Zetec 1.5 Tdci 75PS (2015) - bazza

Parents had one, a 1.4 petrol. Fairly nice car but doors were very heavy, too heavy for them. Performance was adequate but slower than the equivalent fiesta they swapped it for. I wouldn't recommend. They returned to the fiesta and are much happier with it.